Chapter Eleven: Crushes & Covers

Was I going insane? Possibly running a fever? Delirious?

There was no way I had a crush on Harry Styles. I mean, yes he's cute and funny and he's got a killer voice, but I didn't-I could possibly, like him. It's not like I'm insecure in how I look or anything, I just have seen who Harry's dated in the past. Supermodels and pop stars and just like all these super-talented, crazy gorgeous girls. Besides, he didn't really seem to be too into me anyhow, unless...

No. It's a stupid thought.

xxx

I was currently at breakfast with four/fifths of One Direction. Liam was on my left and Louis on my right, we were sitting on the couch whilst Harry and Niall were lounging on the ground in front of the tv. Louis and Liam were talking on and on about their girlfriends, and I was trying to listen. Liam had been dating on and off for a while, but he had never really talked about it with me. I couldn't help but tease him whenever he did.

"So Louis, are you still dating Elenour?" I asked, deciding to make an effort to start contributing.

"No, I actually haven't been with her at all. I've been dating-" He suddenly stopped, before starting again. "someone, for a while. She's really lovely."

"Really? Who?"

Louis laughed, "You'll meet her in a bit. She's coming up in about a week and a half."

"Oh c'mon don't act like you haven't been counting down the days Tomlinson, you and Zayn both." Liam comment, shooting a knowing glance toward Louis, who didn't deign to respond, although his cheeks took on a rather pink hue. I felt someone looking at me, and sure enough-for the second time- I turned and saw Harry quickly look back to Niall. I wasn't quiet sure what to make of the attention, seeing as not many boys liked me back in California. I didn't surf, I don't like to swim, not to mention I don't have the kind of body you would like to see in a bikini. In short, I really just wasn't anyone's type, so it seemed impossible that I could be Harry's.

We all sat around talking for a while longer, before they all started heading upstairs to get dressed. As I was going up the stairs, I heard Louis say something about waking Zayn up. Just as I closed my door, I heard a lot of shouting, so I guessed he succeeded.

Locking my door-just as a precaution- I finally opened my suitcase and started to rummage around, rejecting several options before deciding on a light blue shirt, black leggings and a black and white flannel. My hair had awful bedhead, so I attack it with a brush until it looked somewhat normal, and then faced my greatest challenge-makeup.

As I grabbed my bag with all my stuff, I noticed that my flannel's sleeves were unbuttoned and you could see some of my...

Before I could spiral again, I buttoned up my flannel. Heading to my attached bathroom, I put on some concealer, blush and nude eyeshadow and mascara. I put on some tinted Chapstick, but no lipstick, I didn't want to be too obvious. It took me about twenty minutes to get ready, but I was in my room for about forty-five because I got sidetracked reading.

Walking back downstairs, I heard them all rehearsing in the living room-

"-right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe you don't know, oh-oh, you don't know your beautiful. That's what makes you beautiful."

"Alright c'mon!"

"Na, na-na-na, na-na-na, na na. Na, na-na-na, na-na Na, na-na-na, na-na-na, na, na Na, na-na-na, na-na."

It's really unfair they can be so perfectly harmozing without even trying honestly.

I reached the end of the staircase just as Harry started his solo, and as though in reverence, I froze to listen.