Chapter Nine: Songwriting & Early Mornings

Morgan's POV

In spite of my best efforts to actually stay asleep, I still woke up pretty early. Rolling over in bed to look at my alarm clock, I sighed when I saw the time.

4:00 AM

Staring at the ceiling, I quickly realized that sleep would be pointless, and quickly contemplated my options. I could either continue to stare at the ceiling until a more decent hour-whatever that was in a house full of teenage boys- or get up and go back down to the basement and do something.

Obviously I wanted nothing more than to go back downstairs and actually maybe do something productive, but I was a bit worried about being anywhere without asking somebody, seeing as this was like a million dollar house and Im a freaking klutz. Still, Im a curious human, so I carefully got up and quietly crept downstairs, retracing my steps till I found the basement door again.

Once I found the light switch-thankfully not breaking anything in the meantime- I blinked a couple times to adjust and then went over to the couch. Id brought some of my math with me, intending to actually do it, but I got distracted the second I saw the sheet music one of the boys had left lying on the floor from the night before.

Slowly, I picked it up and read the title. C'mon C'mon.

I read the first few bars, and laughed out loud, probably pretty loudly. I honestly couldn't believe how cheeky the song was. Although I wouldn't have normally done this, I reached over and grabbed the nearest guitar and started softly plucking out the chords.

"The one that I came with- she had to go-" I smiled, softly singing. "But you look amazing, standing alone."

I didn't hear the footsteps coming down the stairs.

"So c'mon c'mon, move a little closer now. C'mon C'mon, ain't no way your walkin' out. C'mon c'mon-

"Show me what your all about." A new voice cut it, a little raspy but still sounding so amazing. I turned and saw none other than Harry Styles standing behind me. I wanted to shout, curl up into a ball and run and hide, probably not in that order. I fumbled for a moment, but then kept playing.

"Yeah the music is so loud-"

"So give me your love now-"

I started laughing, and he stopped, looking confused and mock offended. "Why are you laughing? This is serious lyrical mastery!"

"You realize you have fans who are like what, six, seven? I'm sure the parents will be thrilled you want them to 'give your love now'"

The curly-haired boy broke down laughing. "That is very true. What would you say instead?"

As funny as the whole situation was, I could tell he was being serious. He genuinely wanted my opinion. Feeling a bit flushed, I glanced down at the music again, fiddling for a moment before going. "Yeah, the music is so loud. I wanna be yours now. So c'mon c'mon." I looked over at him and he nodded his approval. "I actually like that a lot better to be honest."

I smiled, "Yeah?"

He nodded, "Definitely. Now that we've sung one of my bands more-um- grown-up songs so far, I think proper introductions are in order, would you agree?" He held out his hand, "I'm Harry Edward Styles, from Holmes Chapel, member of One Direction."

I laughed at his unnecessarily long introduction, but played along, holding out my hand. "I am Morgan Thomas, from San Diego, member of nothing at the moment." He smiled, shaking my hand. " A pleasure to finally meet you in person, particularly after the disastrous phone hijacking, which was entirely Louis fault."