Chapter Twenty-One: Little Things & Little Moments

(Morgan's POV)

Thankfully, the ride from the house to the studio they were recording at wasn't very long. We really need to change the seating arrangement in the car. Especially after yesterday's awkward... whatever that was.

Our final destination turned out to be a building that looked a lot like the studio they recorded at, with the exception of it being a single story. In spite of its sprawling appearance, I felt oddly at home, it was just welcoming.

As we were walking down the hallway, I noticed Gracie and Louis holding hands, they were whispering and unable to stop laughing. Strangely enough, I noticed Zayn watching too. We made a split-second of eye-contact and he smiled, gave me something that wasn't quite a nod and faced front again, talking with Liam. Me and him hadn't really talked all that much lately, whenever we did he was always asking me how I was or asking about my parents and neither of those topics were very appealing so I avoided him. Not to mention me and Harry really did seem to piss him off.

"Alright," Paul said suddenly, "Here we are. The door straight up ahead is where you're filming, the door to the left is the hair and wardrobe. I've got orders to send you there first." He looked at me and Gracie, "And you both were requested as well, if you don't mind."

Her and I exchanged looks and shrugged.

"Yeah, of course." She replied, before leading the way into the room.

~~~

It was definitely smaller than the tent we'd used during Live While We're Young but for only being a temporary setup it looked pretty good. There were five racks of clothes-one for each boy- and five vanity's. Lou was sitting there with her daughter Lux playing with her before noticing everybody in the room. "Hey boys, long time no see."

"It's okay Lou, I know you really missed us." Harry said, kneeling by Lux and waving. The little girl instantly broke into a grin and laughed. I had to admit, it was really adorable. Lou smiled, shaking her head. "Well come on then, I'm by myself today and I've got the whole lot of you to do. Go over to your racks, get some clothes and get changed, yeah?"

The boys agreed, flocking to the racks, speaking amongst themselves. Gracie turned to Lou, looking concerned. "So what happened to your assistants?

Lou sighed, shrugging. "One called in sick today and the other was only a temporary intern until she found a better job, which she did so now it's just me."

Gracie looked at me, too quickly for me to catch on and turned back to Lou. "I can't speak for Morgan, but I've picked up on a bit of makeup from running with these weirdos the past few years so I could help."

Lou looked at me and I felt my heart beat speed up. Sure did I know a little, but I was trash at doing makeup for other people.

She smiled, "It's alright, it's not as fancy as what we have to do everyday. There isn't much we can do to help them, so it's just really touch up. If you could help, I'd appreciate it."

I looked at Gracie, who nodded and then turned back to Lou, "What's first?"

~~~

As soon as the boys had gotten back from changing, me and Gracie were put to work. Since there were only three of us, that left at least two boys to their own devices at any given time, meaning there had to be a bit of strategy. In the end, Lou decided to have Gracie work with Louis, me with Zayn and she'd help Niall.

Harry and Liam were sitting on opposite sides of the room, not talking to each other. I know they didn't always get along but the past few weeks they always seemed at odds with one another, which was a far cry from the Liam I used to know. He was always super sweet and it took a lot- I mean a lot- to even just get on his nerves. Maybe it was just stress.