Chapter Seventeen: Summer Camp & Surprises

(Harry's POV)

Finally, the best day of the whole process. Music videos!!

I mean, do any of us like having to shake Zayn awake at six in the morning or being piled into a car or having to drive for three hours, no not really.

Particularly because of everything that had happened yesterday. Introducing Morgan had clearly made Liam irritated at Management, which was rare but also caused everyone to tiptoe around him, making things rather awkward.

Strangely enough, out of everyone Morgan seemed to be taking this the best. Talking with Liam and Niall, joking with Louis and Zayn. I mean, she had been avoiding me, but to be fair, I had been avoiding her too.

After the chaos that followed her appearance on James Corden, she had tried to give me my ring on a couple different occasions but I had refused it.

And I honestly couldn't say why.

xxx

(Morgan's POV)

Getting up early the day after the interview was a struggle, mainly because I'd been up pretty late the night before, talking to Niall and Liam and making sure they knew it was fine. Oh and getting a panicked phone call from my mother who had seen pictures of her daughter on the front page of magazines and then on her favorite late night talk show. I had forgotten that my mother loved to watch that show.

Either way, it was a long night, and it made me kinda understand why Zayn always wanted to sleep in.

At six thirty sharp, we were all piled in the car and started the long drive to our destination—the set of the boys Live While We're Young music video.

I was only coming along because Liam had pleaded for me to be an extra and Management thought it would be a good way to start the positive publicity. Not that I was complaining, from everything I had been told about the video itself, it sounded like it would be pretty fun.

xxx

"A day at Camp One Direction." Ben-their director- said, as we all got out of the car and took in the set.

It was a wide open field, with circles of "aesthetically" done tents and little campfire areas. In another area there was a flat plain for soccer-sorry 'football'- and then a different area for the inflatable pool. A little ways off I could see a lake with a rope swing.

Oh the boys were going to go crazy.

We all got sent to wardrobe first, where each of the boys got their pre assigned outfits whereas I got to choose mine out of the huge miscellaneous collection they had for the extras. After being warned I would get wet-something that made me think they hadn't thought this through very well, given they were dealing with children in teenagers bodies- I decided on a navy swimsuit with jean shorts and without my normal flannel to cover my marks, I just took a bunch of bracelets and stacked them on each arm.

I felt like I had taken forever, but I was still done before any of the boys, so they sent me into hair and makeup, where I was to ask for someone called Lou.

Walking into the tent, already nervous and not looking forward to having everyone stare at me, it turned out I wouldn't have to talk at all. A tall woman, probably only five-ish years older than me, saw me, smiled and then took my arm and practically dragged me to a vanity.

"Hi I'm Lou, One Directions backup babysitter and stylist, aka the person who makes them look good." She said, before laughing and adding "or at least helps add to their attractiveness. Now you must be Morgan, Liam's friend? It's nice to meet you. Do you have any preference on makeup?"