Chapter Four: Phone Call Hijack

(Liam's POV)

We had just finished a performance on the Today Show when my phone started buzzing in my pocket.

"Danielle?" Zayn asked, grinning as I stopped.

I looked down at the caller ID.

"No, not Danielle."

"Morgan then?" Harry asked, before looking down at phone.

"Yes, you guys-"

Louis-the spaz he is- grabbed my phone and ran, and Zayn and Harry quickly followed.

Sighing, I chased them, wondering how they are seventeen, eighteen year-olds.

XXX

(Morgan's POV)

"Hey."

There was a ruckus on the other end of the phone, before a familiar voice that was not Liam's greeted me. "Hey you're Morgan right?"

"Uh, who is this? And how did you get Liam's phone?" I asked, praying it wasn't a fan who'd stolen his phone at a meet and greet or something.

"Oh sorry, I'm Harry." There was a crash on his end, and someone laughing.

No freaking way.

Even though I've been Liam's friend, I'd never met nor spoken to the other boys. I don't really know why, but Li never offered and I never asked.

"Harry." I repeated in disbelief.

"Yes, Harry Styles. I'm hoping you know who I am?"

"Yeah, obviously. Why d'you have Liam's phone?"

"That is an excellent question."

Not again.

A new voice, still British though. I guess that ruled out...Niall.

"Okay who is this now?"

"Tommo."

"Okay, Louis what are you and Harry doing with Liam's phone?"

"VAS HAPPININ'!"

"Your on speaker now." Louis explained, "and that was Zayn."

I don't know why it took so long for it to hit me-maybe cause it was three in the morning- but I finally understood.

"You guys stole his phone didn't you?"

"Well, yes. Though it was actually Lou" Harry confirmed.

"Yup." Louis replied, seemingly very proud.

"And then I just followed them." Zayn added.

"Nialler isn't here though, you'll just have to meet him later." Louis continued "We just wanted to meet you early. After all, you are Liam's best friend."

"I'm his best friend." I could hear Zayn insist.

I had to laugh. I just could not imagine Liam tolerating this utterly chaotic group of humans.

"Sorry Malik, I've know him a bit longer. That title is mine." I responded, still laughing.

"Will see." He said.

"Okay, Louis, Harry or Zayn, it was nice to meet you but one of you guys needs to give the phone back to Li. I need to talk to him. "

"Oh don't worry love," Harry said, "Liam's just found us."

XXX

(Liam's POV)

I was out of breath when I finally found those idiots. Chasing them all around he studio, I finally tracked them to the greenroom, where I could hear them talking to Morgan.

Fantastic.

I opened the door just in time to hear Harry speak.

"Oh don't worry love," He was speaking into the phone, looking directly at me, laughing. "Liam's just found us."

I just walked force and held my hand out. Harry dropped my phone and then left, along with Louis and Zayn.

"Hey Morgan."

"Okay finally. Actually Liam." She was shaking with laughter.

"Yes it's actually me." I replied, sinking onto the couch. "Hopefully the boys didn't scare you too much?"

"Nope, just a bit of a shock to hear Harry Styles' voice instead of yours."

"Yeah, sorry about that. He was just too fast."

"No worries." She paused "It wasn't nearly as surprising as the email I got a little bit ago."

A million new things to worry about immediately started spinning around in my head.

All I could think of to say was-

"Oh?"

"Yeah, from the one and only Modest Management, if you'll believe it. Inviting me to stay with One Direction. Isn't that insane?"

"Yeah, yeah." I said. Insane is one word to use for sure.

"Starting in just a few days too. Not a lot of time to convince my parents. But on the other hand, I'll at least get to finally see my best friend again." She hesitated, barely getting her next words out. "It's been pretty lonely here without you."

Any thoughts of me dissuading her from coming immediately left my mind.

"Well, if you're having trouble convincing them, have them call my folks."

"True, that could work."

I smiled, and then felt slightly guilty. Did she even know what she was getting pulled into?

"Hey Morgan?"

"Yeah?"

"I've got some warnings first. Just like precautions."