Chapter Twelve: Mobbed

Turns out, sneaking out was the easy part. For a world-famous boyband, who are famous for their goofy, teenage boy antics, their security trusts them wayyy too much.

With the strict instructions to stay inside today, and Liam here to supervise, Paul felt ok with leaving just two normal security guys outside in their yard to keep the crazier fans from getting any 'clever' ideas. As was expected, Liam was like 'oh NO, now what do we do?' in an obvious attempt to get us to give up our endeavor, but Louis just smirked, shaking his head sadly.

"You gotta give me a bigger challenge than that Lima." He chided, before simply opening the back door. All the boys where wearing hoodies and sweatpants to try and 'blend' as Harry explained. I gotta say, this was one thing I liked about London. I would never be able to wear a sweatshirt back home, it would already be too hot.

Anyways, we all went out into the backyard, and Louis jumped the fence like we were in a spy movie or something. Zayn followed him, but Harry just laughed and unlocked the fence, holding it open for me, Niall and Liam. Once we stepped outside their house boundries, Louis went off like a shot and disappeared for some reason.

"Should I be concerned-?" I asked.

"Absolutely." Liam and Zayn replied in unison.

About two minutes later, he pulled up in a car, smiling mischievously. And it was obvious to see why. Whatever he was driving looked luxurious, or in other words expensive. Additionally, judging by Liam burying his face in his hands, he had "borrowed" it. I'd only been here a day and they were already being horrible influences, at least Louis.

Oh, and maybe Zayn.

And I guess Harry too.

Man, Liam probably has his hands full; all these twelve-year-olds in sixteen, seventeen and eighteen year old bodies. I guess with the exception of Niall. He doesn't seem the type to start trouble. Like the youngest sibling. Actually...

"You gonna come or not?" Harry asked.

I blinked, coming out of my thoughts and everyone was already in the car with the exception of Harry, ever the gentleman, was waiting.

I felt myself smile shyly, a bit embarrassed to have gotten lost in my head. "You think I want to be the only one at the house when Paul comes back? What would I say? Oh yeah, they kinda ditched security, "borrowed" one of those nice black cars and drove off. No freaking clue where those four idiots are."

"There's actually five of us." Zayn corrected me from shotgun, up front with his partner in crime.

I climbed into the seat behind him and Harry followed me. "Yeah, but I wouldn't call Niall an idiot."

There was a collective protest at my words, and Louis shifted the car into gear.

xxx

It only took roughly a half hour to get wherever Louis was driving us.

The sky was still stubbornly grey, but I was gonna guess that wasn't too unusual. The chatter of the boys surrounded me, but I didn't really feel like talking so I just sat there and listened. I learn a lot about people this way. Even though everyone in the car-with the exception of me- have been on tv countless times within the past year, and had all these "did you know?" spreads in gossip magazines (Like yes, I would have never guessed Niall was Irish.), there is always more you can learn about a person.

For example, Harry tells really weird jokes. Like, they aren't bad, they are just strange. I tried my best not to laugh, mainly cause I saw him glancing over at me to check if I did. His attention wasn't bad or anything, I'm just not used to it. Guys back home never really paid attention to me...or maybe they did and I was just too busy reading. I don't know. Either way, it didn't really matter. Right now, I just needed to figure out why Harry Styles keeps staring at me when he thinks I'm not looking.