Chapter Sixteen: Interviews & Anxiety

(Harry's POV)

The next week passed by in a haze, days and nights blending together. We only had one week to record, so Management wasn't messing around.

Morgan hadn't been allowed to anymore recording sessions, but she seemed to keep busy enough anyhow. She always had a notebook with her and was near-constantly scribbling something. Ever since the car ride back from the studio, heck ever since that conversation in the store, she had been avoiding me. Thankfully, I had work 24/7 to keep me busy.

Today was interviews. The Management had booked me and the lads on James Corden, Jimmy Fallon and The Today Show. And as if this wasn't enough, we absolutely had to film them all today. Tomorrow was Sunday and then Monday we started music video filming. Soon after was the start of the tour. As much as I loved this life, the prospect of traveling nonstop for another year was exhausting. Still, I couldn't let that show.

Everything was gonna be fine.

I sighed as we got back into the car. It was only ten o'clock in the morning but we had already finished an interview. One down, two to go.

~~~

"Now please welcome to the Late show, One Direction!" Jimmy called as the audience roared. For such a small crowd, they really do make a lot of noise.

We all walked out, waving and smiling, before all sitting on one couch. Yes,one couch. Jimmy watched us all with amusement as we finally all got comfortable with what little space we had.

"Doing alright then boys? Louis, Niall, Harry, Liam, Zayn?"

"You know you should invest in a larger couch, Jimmy." Louis commented casually.

"But what would be the fun in that?"

"You know," I said, "he's actually right, Lou. I think, one of greatest accomplishments as a band, besides coming in third place on the X-Factor-" the audience both laughed and aww'd "is all of us being able to fit into one couch."

Jimmy made a valiant effort not to laugh, but failed. Spectacularly. Just as he started to speak again, Zayn interrupted.

"And I'm sure your about to ask how we complete such a challenge,"

"It really is a careful process," Louis added

"Yeah you see, we just all have to take turns breathing," Zayn said, gesturing. Now both Niall and Jimmy were losing it. "And Harry, Harry crosses his legs like that."

I demonstrated. Now even I was starting to laugh.

"Yeah, just like that. And then we all wear really tight jeans."

Louis and Niall hopped off the couch and stood up, gesturing to their jeans, pretending to be models. The crowd roared and Jimmy's face was buried in his desk now. After several more minutes of Louis and Niall flaunting their jeans, they sat back down, and Jimmy was able to get a hold on his laughter.

"So boys," He said, taking a breath "now you all have been quite busy this past year and a half. Being on the X-Factor, releasing an album. And now you have plans for a new one, Take Me Home?"

"Sorry Jimmy you aren't my type." Louis said, not being able to resist.

Liam took the mic, "Yeah Louis taken."

"Unfortunately." I joked, earning a glare from Management. Oops.

Jimmy sighed, but just laughed it off. "Do you boys have anything you can share about that?"

Niall grabbed the mic now, "yeah um, actually we do. It's gonna have a lot of good songs, some of our favorites that didn't make it onto Up All Night and uh, we're all quite looking forward to it."