P R O M I S E

•••

•••

I S A B E L L A

"When will Charlie take it out?" Jacob asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "We don't know if when she wakes up she will try to kill them..." I rubbed my forehead. "Or us."

"She will never hurt you guys." He reassured. "But they do deserve it, after everything they did. They tricked her and played with her emotions."

"Yes, but that will also mean starting a war." I glanced at him.

"How is he doing?"

"Bad. Charlie thinks he's the worst father and feels like he betrayed her. I can't blame him because I feel the same way too." I grabbed her hand, pressing a light kiss to it. "I'm her older sister and I failed her again. We promised to always be there for each other and I broke that promise. She risked her life for us and I haven't done anything, even as children. I never once stuck out for her."

I felt him move as he brought his hand to my shoulder, trying to comfort me. "I'm on the same boat. I promise when she wakes up to do anything to help her and to stick up for her." He brought his other hand on top of ours and softly squeezed.
"I promise."

"Me too." I smiled at her. "I promise."

"Make way for us." Seth loudly announced their arrival.

"Shhh!"

"What?! It's not like she will wake up."

Silence.

A smack was heard. "Ow."

I looked up to see Seth holding the side of his head.

"How is she?" Leah asked, rolling her eyes at her brother as she passed him and went to the empty side of Alexandria's room.

I saw the discomfort in her eyes as she eyed the dagger sticking out of her chest.

"Jasper comes everyday to give her waves of peace and Carlisle says that even though she's unconscious, she can probably still hear us." Another slap was heard, only this time it was Paul being held back as Seth grabbed the back of his neck.

They filled up the space Leah was in.

"Is she in pain?" Paul questioned, turning his dark eyes toward the dagger.

I heard the way her heart beat increased and I was sure everyone else noticed it too, when I looked at Paul, a small smirk was plastered on his face.

"We aren't sure, but Carlisle said we would feel if she was."

Leah made space for him to get close to Alexandria. An aura filled the room the moment their hands embraced each other.

He fell to his knees. He looked forward with a mesmerized expression.

"What's going on?" Jacob asked as he rapidly switched sides, holding Paul steady.

"I don't know. This has never happened before."

A L E X A N D R I A

I could feel the air shift

Why was that smell so intoxicating?

It felt so close yet so far.

I turned around running to find the source of the smell.

Where is it? Who is it?

Why was it so familiar?

As I ran and ran, it felt like I was going in circles. I couldn't reach it. It was everywhere, it drove me mad.

In my despair to find the source, I tripped and the small ball of light I had created went out. My eyes were met with darkness and my knees gave out, everywhere I looked I couldn't help but feel lonely and shame.

"This is my punishment, isn't it?" I asked no one in particular. "Okay. I accept it."

I stood up, about to turn around when I was wrapped in a warm, tight hug. My nose being pressed into someone's neck.

That smell!

I looked up and saw the silhouette of a face I thought I would never see again.

"Paul." I whispered.