Chapter 5

Never thought even in my dreams what would happen if he came in front of me. So when he came to our house I didn’t let him or anybody else know that I knew him. His offer was something that gave me a great shock. I was already trying hard to control my heart going crazy. He made this even harder by giving this kind of offer. His offer was that I have to be his wife for six months and for that he is ready to give me 1 million dollars. I have to be his wife only on papers for six months by legally divorcing Akash. After that I can come back and remarry Akash. Because his family was pressuring him to get married, he wants this contract so that after 6months he will divorce me and say this marriage couldn’t work out to his parents. After hearing him out I asked the first question “why me? Our religion, our culture, our status, nothing matches. Then why me? ”. He replied, “ I don’t want a girl which seem to be an ideal match for me. Because in that case there will be great complications created while divorcing. I just want to marry only in papers not for life. Just because my mother forcing me to marry. I don’t want anything to do with relationship and marriage. That is why I came to you to make a deal”. It’s not the time for this kind of thoughts but man his voice is amazing. He said his words in cold tone but his husky and deep voice made it a melody for me. Me and Akash both were shocked. But after thinking for a while I said “please give us some time to think. Otherwise we can’t take such a big decision just like that”. He gave us two days but I asked him how the divorce process took place in such a short time. He said he took care of everything and we just have to sign the papers. He said if I want any alterations he can do that. After many arguments and many discussions we decided that we will do that and we will tell our parents that I got a job. That’s why I am going abroad for 6months. His and my family at first were totally against it but somehow Akash managed to convince them as he also realized that for him I couldn’t go out and work and couldn’t have any career. I convinced Akash saying we need this money for our son’s future and I will give half of the money to my family. I was internally happy and also sad because I am leaving my son as I was giving full custody of Aviksit to my husband. Also had a weird feeling about leaving Akash because I was used to living with him. Though I don’t love him, I still consider him as my close friend. Yes friend because we are never too attracted physically and after losing my love I became distant with him and also stopped having any type of physical relationship after I fell for Adonis. Akash was very respectful towards my permission and discomfort. Though I was the one who was somehow desperate to end this marriage, my mind started a war because I had to leave my son for my mental peace. This I was suffering even more mentally but still wanted to live a life on my own terms as I was internally fed up by living my life as a person whom I can’t even recognize anymore.

After 2days I called Adonis and told him that I was ready. We went to their hotel. We signed the divorce papers and about our marriage contract I had a discussion. I told him to input some point where he will not behave with me like any possessive or sick husband, I will have my freedom to go out not depending on his permission, he will let me do my work, I don’t want to be a public figure, we will not be husband and wife when we are inside our house and lastly and most important no physicality. Basically for others we will be husband and wife but inside his house I will be his roommate only. He also agreed with all of that because it was just a contract marriage and nothing else for him too. After 2 months settling everything, signing the contract we went to a small church to get married. I got ready by his makeup artists and a beautiful wedding dress. The dress was not over the top but yet very elegant. He also arranged flats instead of heels as I can’t walk in heels.
My look 👇

After taking our vows, we exchanged our rings

After taking our vows, we exchanged our rings. The ring was beautiful, simple yet beautiful just how I like it.

I was surprised thinking how he managed to do everything just the way I like! After that, when the priest said, “Now you may kiss the bride”, I gulped hard and cold sweats formed in my hands and my forehead thinking about kissing someone in front ...

I was surprised thinking how he managed to do everything just the way I like! After that, when the priest said, “Now you may kiss the bride”, I gulped hard and cold sweats formed in my hands and my forehead thinking about kissing someone in front of people.