Chapter 9

A little bit of tanned brownish skin just like milk but just a little bit of chocolate. Her big sparkling eyes, her rosy lips, her small nose. She is not totally slim or that she is a little bit chubby. She is so cute. I was so lost in her beauty that I didn’t notice that she was leaving. I decided to follow her. She went to a shop, where she might have suddenly seen her friend I guess. The other girl called her “Priya”. I thought “Priya” Wow, beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I took out my phone and searched her name on social media. At first I couldn’t find her, then I narrowed down my search to only that location. I found her. Her full name was Priyadarshini Majumder Sen, 28years, married! My heart broke into a million pieces when I found out that she is married. She also has a cute son of 3years old. But yeah for the first time I found someone who I didn’t want to let go but she’s already married. I lost all hope. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn’t even notice that she left the store. I also returned to my hotel room. At the evening I was at the balcony thinking about her but suddenly got distracted by the phone’s ring. My mother is calling. I quickly answered the phone informing her about my whereabouts and before she could say anything else I cut the call. Again my phone started ringing. I saw my caller id and it was Thomas. I picked up the call immediately as I wanted to talked to someone about what happened today. So I told him everything. After listening to everything he asked me, “Do you truly love her? ”, I said, “I have never been so sure about anything in my life “. He asked, “ Are you sure you have seen emptiness or sadness in her eyes? ”. I said “I am sure. ”. He said, “ then what if she is not happy in her marriage? What if she is suffering from something and wanted a way out? ”. I said, “I understand but what about her son? Can she leave him? Even if she want to keep her son with her I have no problem. You should’ve seen her son. He is such a cutie pie. I really wanted to hold him in my arms and squeeze his cheeks. He his so sweet. His eyes is exactly like her. ”. He said, “Wow! You are really in love,  even you love her son too! That’s great. So let me think of something. I will call you later for you. Well now tell me did you called Maa (all my four friends used to call my mother Maa as I call her that too. To my mother they are also like her son) today? She was worried about you. ” I said her about my conversation with my mother. He asked me why I avoiding her as she is worried. I told him that I didn’t want to have that irritating marriage discussion again. He just hummed in reply and said bye and cut the call. After ending the call I was thinking about Priya and the conversation with Thomas. What if Thomas is right, what if she really is just stuck to an unhappy marriage. It doesn’t matter whether she accept me or not, but she is young and so precious, she deserves all the happiness. I have to try at least to help her. She has a long life ahead of her and she can’t live like that. But the question is how?  This one question is eating me up. I slept with that thoughts with my head.

I woke up early morning by someone’s call. I picked up without looking at the caller ID.  “ Hey how can you sleep while I wasn’t able thinking about your situation you brat? ”. I move the phone from my ears as he was shouting. Then I replied, “Good morning to you too Thomas”. “Leave your ‘good morning’, I have something important to say. I am sure after hearing that you will greet me ‘great morning’.”. I said, “what are you talking about now? What’s new cooking inside your head? ”. He said, “ Everything is cooked. Now it’s depending on you how well you can serve. ”. I said, “it’s not time for your stupid riddles. Please say clearly and in details. ” sitting up in the bed to listen it carefully. Thomas continued, “Before I explain my plan I have to give you some details about your love.

Her name is Priya… something I can’t pronounce properly,  Surname – Majumder Sen. Sen is her in-laws surname but she also kept her paternal surname. She lost her father when she was in her last year of college. She couldn’t complete her studies that year due to her loss. She has a completed her studies next year.