Chapter - 2 | Mishap

Here's the 2nd chapter.

Enjoy reading.

"Hello Singhania Uncle

"Hello Singhania Uncle..."

"Arreh... Shaurya beta...", Mr. Singhania greeted him with a hug and then turned to face Anokhi, who was approaching, adjusting her pleats behind.

Shaurya turned around to see her fidgeting with her pleats.

"Namaste Uncle ji...", she smiled as she greeted him.

"Namaste beta...", he said as he blessed her with his hand on her head.

"Aao aao... Andar aao..."

They both entered, and Anokhi did the same with her saree.

"Agar saree mein problem hain to pehna hi kyun ?...", he whispered in his ears angrily.

"Maa ne bohot pyaar se pehenaaya mujhe...", she replied.

Shaurya was now speechless. That innocent girl always shuts him up with her innocent replies.

He stepped aside and maintained composure.

They both took a seat at a chair-table.

Shaurya sighed with relief when he received a message on his phone.

It was sent by Ahir, "his best friend". He was the only friend of Shaurya.

The message read, "Shaurya tu aur Bhabhi pohonch gaye vha ?..."

He glanced at Anokhi once he read the word "Bhabhi".

Shuarya pinged back, "Hmmm... Jaldi aa tu..."

He was feeling a little strange there because he was with Anokhi and there was no conversation between them, and he knew Anokhi had also accompanied him for his mother's sake.

He got lost in her again for a while. He observed how she greeted passers-by with a smile, how with her childlike doe-shaped eyes, she was observing the hall's decorations.

For a few moments, his mind wandered back to the day he married her.

They weren't prepared, but because they were of marriageable age, their parents had married them off.

He reflected on the fact that they had been living together for many months, but they are not like any typical couple; he rarely speaks to her, and only to express his anger, and she, too, remains silent, as if she fears him.

But then he wondered why he was thinking all of this.

Why do these things matter to him?

They've been living this way for a long time and may continue to do so.

So, what's new today?

Why was his mind pondering these things all of a sudden?

Why was he staring at her all the time ?