Chapter - 9 | Care (I)

Here's the 9th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

When the doorbell rang, Anokhi abruptly pulled away from the hug

"Nikki..."

"Jaa dekh... vo aa gaye honge..."

Anokhi immediately ran downstairs in haste.

She flung open the door and, as soon as she saw who was standing there, she engulfed him in a bone-crushing hug. She began to sob even harder as she realized how relieved she was to see him safe in front of her.

Shaurya was jerked and taken aback at her sudden action. His hands were on either side of her.

He'd been missing her for a long time and was thrilled to directly receive a hug from her after 5 days. He was having a mixed feeling.

"Aap... aap theek toh hona..."

"Itni der kyu lga di..."

"Aap kaha reh gaye the..."

"Phone kyu nhi utha rhe the..."

Anokhi was sobbing and blabbering nonstop, and she hadn't even realized she was hugging him. She was just finding solace in embracing him, even if he didn't reciprocate; she was just happy that he was okay.

Shaurya was speechless, unable to understand what had happened.

Was she crying because she missed him?

Was she concerned because he was late?

"Nikki !..."

"Unhe andar to aane de..."

Rama's voice jolted Anokhi out of her reverie, and she realized her position. The next moment, she jerked back and stared at him through teary eyes.

It hurt him to see her in that state, but he couldn't figure out what was going on.

"S... sorry...", she muttered, not looking at him.

Shuarya wondered if she was crying because of him.

But why is that?

And why did she apologize in the first place?

Shaurya took a step forward, puzzled, and asked, "K... kya hua hain?..."

And Anokhi lost it.

"Kya hua hain ka kya matlab ?!..."

"Aapne itni der kyu kar di ?... Aur... aur phone kyu nhi utha rhe the...", she yelped.

"Mera phone... Shaayad network nhi hoga... L... lekin tumhe kya hua hain ?...", he asked seeing her angry mode.