Chapter - 23 | The Truth Comes To Light

Thank you all for your patience in waiting for the secret to be revealed.

Here's the 23rd chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Shaan, Shaurya, and Ahir were seated nervously in front of the desk

Shaan, Shaurya, and Ahir were seated nervously in front of the desk. They were waiting for the doctor to complete checking the test reports.

Shaurya's heart was pounding in his chest. He'd been under a lot of stress for days.

His heart was in verge of popping out due to the numerous medical tests he had undergone and the fact that he was now waiting for the doctor's response.

"Mr. Shaurya...", the doctor said as he placed the reports on the table, removed his spectacles, and looked at them intently.

"J... jee doctor...", sweat beads dripping from his brow.

"I checked the reports..."

"As you were having bone pain, weak flow of urine, and blood in the urine... These are the symptoms of disease which I had suspected. And that's why I had suggested you for a urine test to check for a urinary tract infection (UTI)..."

"J... jee", Shaurya's voice quivered.

"Those reports are fine Shaurya..."

Listening to this, everybody present there felt as if a huge stone had been lifted off their shoulders, but the very next moment, what the doctor said left them dumbstruck.

"But...", the doctor paused.

"But ?...", Shaurya stammered as he swallowed the lump in his throat. He won't be able to take it if his suspicion turned out to be true. He had no idea how he would cope up with it.

"But your prostate biopsy reports are positive Shaurya..."

"Cancer cells were seen in the biopsy samples..."

"Your have been diagnosed with prostate cancer...", the doctor finally spilled the beans.

And that was it !

The reality of their situation hit them hard, and they were blown off.

The room was filled with a deafening silence.

Shaurya's thread of hope had worn down, and a veil of water had formed in his eyes. His suspicion ultimately turned out to be true.