Chapter - 17 | Heartbreak

Here's the 17th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Shaurya and Anokhi were over with their dinner

Anokhi was doing the dishes in kitchen while looking out the window at the heavy rain. She had the feeling that something bad was going to happen, but she pushed these thoughts away and finished her kitchen work.

Here Shaurya was on his bed, pondering each of Ahir's statements on the day of their dispute.

He had been in a depressed state since he returned home from work. He couldn't stop thinking about her.

His ears were ringing with Ahir's words.

"Tu unko us baare mein bta kyun nhi deta ?..."

His heart palpitated, and he fisted the bedsheet in his palm just as he recalled it.

He was feeling too broken and vulnerable at the time.

He suddenly felt the fear of losing her. He definitely didn't want it but also didn't know the reason at the same time.

"M... main kaise btau usko ?..."

"Kya uske baad vo mujhe chod ke chali jaayegi ?..."

"N... nhi !..."

"Aisa kaise ho sakta hain..."

"A... agar vo chali gayi toh fir... fir main... main uski awaaz kaise sunoonga ?... Har subha uthke uska chehra kaise dekh paaunga ?... Meri tie... meri tie matching karke kaun dega mujhe... Uski tarah mera khyaal kaun rakhega ?... Mujhe daantega kaun ?...", he let his tears fall.

"Lekin..."

"Lekin Ahir ne bhi toh sahi kaha tha... Main aise uske saath galat kar rha hoon..."

"Main toh aisa karke use dhokha de rha hoon..."

"Maine to usko dhokha diya hain !!...", he exclaimed, outraged of himself.

"Main uski life aise barbaad nhi kar sakta...", he shuddered.

"Par... main... uske bina...", he sobbed, clutching "her pillow".

He never gave their relationship much thought during these six months.

They were married off and he and she were going on.

However, after Ahir's conversation with him that day, he realized the gravity of the situation. He felt the need to look into this matter. 

He can't destroy her life this way; she deserved better.