Chapter - 5 | One Step Closer

Here's the 5th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

It was the next day, and Shaurya was getting ready for work

It was the next day, and Shaurya was getting ready for work. His health was now stable, and he didn't want to take another leave of absence.

He brushed his hair and looked in the mirror to see who was in the bed. 

She smoothened the bedsheet, adjusted the pillows and while doing so, her eyes met his.

He quickly averted his eyes as he was caught and he left.

Anokhi, who sat on the bed, realized she wouldn't be able to see him for nearly a week.

But why was she thinking about it?

She had no idea.

She hoped he took good care of himself.

She, too, got ready because her Papa ji was on his way to pick her up.

It was late in the evening, and Shaurya had returned home. He went to his room and discovered it to be empty.

He swung his eyes around the room, hoping to catch a glimpse of her.

Not finding her, he took off his wristwatch and placed it on the dressing table.

He was lost in thoughts where was she as he didn't saw her downstairs, nor she was there in the room.

"Anokhi kuch dino ke liye Kapurtala gayi hain Shaurya...", Aastha's voice broke his reverie.

He turned.

She came towards him and held his shoulders.

"Anokhi ko dhoond rhe the na ?..."

"H... haan matlab n... nhi !...", he nodded.

Aastha narrowed her eyes at him.

"Itni jaldi miss karna shuru kar diya use ?..."