Chapter - 15 | Sweet Moment

Here's the 15th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi and Shaurya were having their dinner

She stole a few glances from him, but his focus was solely on his plate.

Shaurya himself was baffled as to why he was attempting to avoid her.

"Main... main kal raat ke baare mein poochhu ?... Ya nhi ?...", she pondered.

But she quickly discarded her plan because she didn't want to upset his mood right now.

"Rehne deti hoon..."

"Bechaare office se aaye hain abhi-abhi... Meri vajah se mood kharaab ho jaayega...", she mumbled in her mind.

Dinner was a silent affair as is customary.

After supper, Shaurya retired to his room.

Anokhi too, after completing her kitchen work returned to her room.

She noticed him standing near the table, rummaging through the files. Shaurya also caught a glimpse of her coming in through the corner of his eye, but he didn't turn.

Anokhi walked in and took out her phone, dialling Aastha's number. She talked to her for a long time, telling her about her day and inquiring about her and Shaan. 

Shaurya's ears were listening intently to every detail the entire time.

"Maa se toh mujhe bhi baat karni hain..."

"Par kya vo mujhe phone degi ?...", he thought to himself.

He kept staring at her out of the corner of his eye.

"J... jee Maa... Vo yahi hain...", he overheard her and realized they were talking about him.

"Lagta hain Maa ne mere baare mein poochha..."

He saw her approaching towards him.

"Maa ka phone hain... baat keejiye...", she said as she forwarded her phone to him.

He cleared his throat and took her phone in his hands.

"Hello Maa..."

...

"Haan haan main theek hoon... aap dono bhi apna khyaal rakhna..."

"Dad kaha hain ?..."

...

"Achcha... theek hain Good night..."

Anokhi stood nearby, listening in on their conversation.

He hung up the phone and handed the phone to her.

She turned to leave, and Shaurya became engrossed in his file as well, but a minute later he was startled that his ear curtains were about to tear on hearing her scream.