Chapter - 7 | Dismay

Here's the 7th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Shaurya got up early today because he had to complete his tasks on his own

Shaurya got up early today because he had to complete his tasks on his own. He started by taking a bath and then looking for something to wear.

"Ye roz-roz kapde select karne ke kaam se main pareshaan ho gaya hoon...", he sulked to himself.

He went through them all before deciding on the dark green coat with the white shirt.

Now, it was his turn to do the most tedious task -- to choose the tie.

"Green ke saath toh green tie hi chaahiye mujhe..."

He looked around.

"Ab ye kya baat hui ?!..."

"Uss din main red tie dhoond rha tha toh green mili... aur aaj main green dhoond rha hoon toh brown mili..."

"Mujhe nhi pta..."

"Main yahi pehen rha hoon ab..."

He grumbled and said to himself, "Uski vajah se ho rha hain ye sab..."

"Vo agar hoti toh-...", he stopped in middle.

He paused for a moment to consider something before looking at his phone. 

His mind wandered to something witty, and he reached for his phone.

He swallowed hard and cleared his throat, as if trying to justify his actions to the walls of the room, which were now the only ones witnessing his crazy behavior.

"Mujhe green tie hi chaahiye... isliye phone kar rha hoon use..."

"Aur koi baat nhi hain...", he announced to the walls.

After unlocking his phone, he went straight to the phone book. Just as he was about to call her, he came to a halt.

"Main sach mein phone karne vaala hoon use ??..."

He backed away from his plan and threw the mobile on the bed.

After a while, his gaze was drawn back to it.

He was actually longing to hear her voice. He was missing her presence and care, so hearing her voice was all he needed to feel better. But he didn't want to admit it, so he used the tie as an excuse to please himself.

"Mujhe toh sirf tie ke baare mein poochna hain... Toh main itna ghabra kyu rha hoon..."

"Kar hi leta hoon phone..." he said to himself as he picked it up.

He was hesitant because he never normally speaks to her; he only does so to express his anger. So talking to her today in a normal tone, especially for a tie, made him nervous.