Chapter II

Fezco's grandma was a motherfuckin' G'.

'Hey. I just spoke to your daddy. You're gonna come live with grandma now. Okay?"

And even though she wasn't like the best guardian, she taught him everything he knew about life. He didn't really knew much about his mom, his grandma didn't like to talk about it, but would occasionally say 'She had a pure heart, but your dad would always take advantage of it.'

Fezco liked that she didn't treat him like a kid.

'Today we're going to learn about weight and volume.'

He went to school, and only payed attention— he did well. Especially in math. And one day, he came home from school.

"What a fucking day I fucking had."

He didn't know who the baby was. But so much always happened so fast that he decided it was better not to ask questions. The baby was really cute, but no matter what he did, he couldn't get him to stop crying. He probably just missed his mom. But she never came back to pick him up.

"Your uncle Carl, has eaten so much fucking McDonald's, he gives himself diabetes, right? Next thing you know, they're chopping off his fucking feet, right? Three years later he fucking drops them! Do I call the fucking cops and say oh you gotta fucking arrest Ronald fucking McDonald?"

"I don't know."

"No, I don't fucking call them. Cuz' it's uncle Carl's fucking fault. No one fucking told him to fucking eat McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner. You understand? What's this fucking kid— come on get the baby."
"Oh what the fuck are you doing, no no no  come on, let me get it. What- fucking cigarettes— now you're one of us right? What do you want, fucking Ashtray! You been livin' your best life in the fucking jacuzzi here."

Fez knew that his grandma wasn't normal. She did things that other parents maybe wouldn't do. But they were a family. His grandma also taught him that despite what they teach in school, violence is sometimes the best possible way to solve a problem. Fez doesn't know why he did what he did, but he did it anyway. That was his first dark spot. He didn't really remember anything for at least two months, just an occasional image and an overwhelming fear about who was gonna take care of Ashtray.

~

"I don't feel so good. I'm gonna lay down."

He never really blamed his grandma, she never really apologized for it— but, he knew she felt bad. He found his grandma on the floor in the bathroom. Fez didn't want to call 911 for obvious reasons, so he decided to drive her car to the hospital. Which he took forever— it was definitely a mistake. The doctor even said it.

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"Every second counts."

And the next thing he knew, he had a business to run— and a whole brother to take care of. And however hard he thought life was, it got harder, and more complicated. Cuz' the more you move up in the world, the more enemies you make. And he didn't have his grandma. Just Ash. Ash was his brother, he loved him like a brother, and when shit went down, he'd go to war like a brother. Years later, that's how he started feeling about Rue, then later on, about Sofia. Fezco cared about the girls like he cared about Ashtray. They were family— and Sofia was so fucking grateful for them. When the girl turned 13, so like one year ago, I noticed some things starting to change about Sofia. Obviously aside from the fact that she was starting to change as a woman and puberty started to kick in, she also knew there was something going on with Sofia. She became much more distant with Gia, who started hanging around other kids at school leaving Sofia alone most of the time. Even though she was confident and everybody seemed to consider her popular, her only close friends were Rue, Fezco and Gia, and maybe Lexi, when she would visit her older sister's house. But now that Gia started to ignore her for the 'cooler' kids whom Sofia refused to hang around with, she was now all by herself, every single day at school. She couldn't fucking wait for another year to pass to start going to high school that I was currently attending to.