Chapter V

The next day, Sofia couldn't remember exactly what happened. She has woken up in Ashtray's room— but she didn't know why.

"Why the fuck am I here?" the girl mostly mumbled to herself, getting up on her elbows, obviously not expecting an answer in return. The girl didn't want to assume the worst, because you know, she was dressed exactly like yesterday— and she could walk normally, so she just decided to head to the kitchen. She should just ask Fezco what happened.

"Yo, you're awake? I thought your ass wasn't gonna wake up and I got worried as fuck bro." Sofia saw Ashtray absentmindedly looking over to the table in front of him looking tired, and Fezco was in the kitchen— he was cooking some eggs.

"What happened last night?" she sat down on the couch besides Ash, but she expected the answer to come from Fez. By the look on his face, the girl could already tell that he was expecting the answer too.

"Yo, shit coulda been dangerous. Imagine I wasn't there to pick y'all up." he said, setting two plates in front of both Sofia and Ashtray.

"What?"

"I was talking to Rue and all of a sudden I see y'all smoking and drinking bro— I thought you didn't do shit like this."

"I did what!?" Sofia was starting to panic. She had never did any drugs, and has only drank alcohol a few times— but when she would do it, it would be like a few small sips. She couldn't believe what the older boy had just told her.

"Yea, and you was all over Ash, too." she heard the boy from beside her chuckle a little bit, she was so starting to get pissed off. It wasn't her fault that she didn't remember anything, and they basically didn't explain it all to her either.

"Yeah, you kept asking me why do so many girls buy drugs from me and you kept shaking my shoulders." the blush creeping up on her face was prominent, to say the least. She looked like a tomato.

"How come you remember all of this?"

"I'm used to controlling myself."

"How can you even control yourself when you're doing drugs and drinking alcohol?"

"He won't tell ya, cuz' you're not doin' this shit ever again. And neither are you Ash. Y'all hear me?" Sofia knew that Fez wasn't being mean, he was just concerned. And she was concerned too. She went over to grab her phone, and she saw like 23 missed calls from her mother in the few hours. And a message, saying "Come home right now."

"What's up with her?"

"What happened?" Ashtray leaned over Sofia's shoulder a little bit, seeing the text and the calls. "I thought she doesn't check up on you?"

"She usually doesn't— why are you so close?" when she turned her head, their faces almost touching, before he pulled away fast, literally trying to get himself to sink deeper into
the couch.

"I was tryna see your message." he didn't look at Sofia. He was sure that if he did, he wasn't going to be able to hide his redness from showing.

"Wow, that's like the most I've seen y'all talk to each other ever since we met." neither of them knew what to say, nothing spectacular happened, but they seemed to not hate each other so much anymore.

"I would really like to eat these eggs, but I really gotta go home." as she was standing up, it seemed as both her and Fezco realized something.

"Yo, you're gonna go home like that? You stink of alcohol."

"Then what am I supposed to wear?"

Fez quickly asked Ashtray to come over and he said something to him, which she didn't hear, that made the younger boy roll his eyes— but he obliged anyway.