Kabanata 16 (His Comfort)

Zayd

His smile reached his ears when he saw Nayeli leaving the staff room. He waved and came to her but she just passed him like he was not exist. He grabbed her to stop her from walking.

"Hi Nayeli."

"Hi" she said plainly.

"Bakit ang tamlay mo naman? Oh I see, you just came from a trip so you must be jetlagged."

"Do you need anything?"

"Wala naman."

"Okay, magtatrabaho na ako."

She turned her back on him. What was that?

"Sir, napakainsensitive mo naman. Shouldn't you already knew what Nayeli is going through since you have been with a lot of woman before" Barbie said next to him.

"Uy that's harsh for you to say Barbie."

"I'm sorry sir. Ahm, mas makabubuti sigurong dumistansya ka muna kay Ayeng, sir. If possible, don't tease her because she's going through something."

"What happened?"

"Heartbroken, sir" mahinang sabi nito.

"Heartbroken? Did she and Banjo fight?"

"Break na sila. Teka nga, bakit ko ba sinasabi ang mga 'to sayo. Sige sir balik na ako sa trabaho."

She broke up with Banjo? He thinks the universe is agreeing with him. Finally he is free to love the woman he loves for a while now.

------------------------------------------------------------

 He heard a series of knocks.

"Come in."

"Hello sir."

"Piper? Do you need something?"

"Ahm, sir...gulo po"

"Trouble? Tinawag mo na ba ang bouncer?"

"Konting problema lang naman, si Ayeng at Ms. Olivia. Nagalit si Ms.Olivia nang matapunan ito ng juice ni Ayeng."

He went out. He could clearly see Olivia slapping Nayeli.

"Olivia!" he shouted. Kilala niya ang babae dahil minsan niya na itong nakarelasyon. Actually, Olivia would always go there because she wants him back.

"Zayd, look what that idiot did to my dress."

"How much is it?"

"What?"

"I will pay for it."

"Why are you siding with her? I'm the victim here Zayd."

"Enough being petty Olivia it's just a dress. Now, how much is it so I can pay you."

"And why would you that?"

"She's my employee so she's my responsibility."

"Jeez! Whatever!"

Olivia turned her back on them. He looked to the side where Nayeli is, she's not talking.

"Nayeli, ayos ka lang ba?"

"Yeah, kasalanan ko naman kaya deserve ko masampal."

"If you want, just go home so you can rest."

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I'm fine, Zayd."

But definitely she's not. Because that night she broke several glasses.