Kabanata 7 (One step closer to Her)

Zayd

He notices Nayeli's avoiding him. He is used to the attention women gave him but when it comes Nayeli para bang wala itong epekto.

When they first met, Nayeli caught his attention, especially when she smiled at him the more he fell in love with her.

So since then he has been at Jackson's bar every day. Madalas siyang iwasan ni Nayeli later did he know na may boyfriend na ito.

He didn't think it would come to the point where he would agree to have a relationship with her even though he would appear to be in a third party.

Now that Jackson asked his help, he will use that opportunity to get close to her which is very hard to do dahil unang araw pa lang nila sa trabaho nagkasagutan na agad sila.

He saw Nayeli twisting her head when he entered the staff room. Nilapitan niya ito.

"Are you okay?" he asked but she winced when she saw him.

"May kailangan ka sir?"

"Don't show your distaste for me too much, baby."

"Baby? The last time I checked my name is Nayeli and I'm not your baby."

He smiled. She's so feisty.

"Did I say something funny?"

"Kumalma ka nga, I woudn't bite you or something. Look, I like you pero hindi ko naman pwedeng ipagpilitan ang sarili ko sayo, so we should just be friends."

She looked at him as if she was doubting if he had an ulterior motive in addition to being friends.

"Just make friends? No more?" she looked at him doubtfully.

"Yes, of course."

"No ulterior motives?" tanong pa nito.

"Great! Do I look like one?"

She nod immediately.

"Like I said I like you but since you have a boyfriend I know my place. But you might change your mind later I can be your boyfriend, too."

"Ano?"

"You're so serious. I'm just kidding okay."

He laughed at her reaction. He stretched out his hand as a sign that he wanted to be friends with her. At first he saw the hesitation on Nayeli's face but eventually she smiled and accepted his hand.

"Excuse me Sir Zayd hawak mo pa ang kamay ko."

"Oops! Sorry, and stop calling me sir, okay? Zayd na lang."

"Okay, Zayd."

"Or pwede rin baby" biro niya.

"Dream on" she snorted.

"Don't frown too much baby, the customers might be afraid of you, don't forget to smile" he yelled after her when she came out.

He's one step closer to her. Will she give in to his charm? He's Zayd Kieron and so far no one resists him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeli

Her working relationship with Zayd became easy since she became friends with him. But it still doesn't stop him from saying all those pickup lines. Maybe she should just need to get used to it.

"Good evening baby" he greeted.

"Baby? You and Sir Zayd?" gulat na tanong ni Piper.

"Sira. May boyfriend po ako, huwag kang maissue."

"Oh, I thought you were already. But it's good na magkasundo na kayo hindi iyong buong gabi namin kayo maririnig na magtalo."

"Fortunately, Zayd reached out first."

"Zayd? Walang sir? Parang kahapon lang gusto ninyong bugahan ng apoy ang isa't-isa."

"Hahaha baby can't resist my charm" Zayd commented when he passed in front of them.

Napailing na lang siya. Nilapitan siya ni Barbie.

"Pero maraming babae iyang si Sir Zayd okay lang ba talagang makipagkaibigan ka sa kanya?" Barbie uttered.

"I'm not going to have a relationship with him, Barbie. At ano naman masama sa pakikipagkaibigan? At saka alam naman niya na hindi ko siya papatulan dahil may Banjo na ako."

"Buti naman. You probably don't want to be on his list of girls."

"There's nothing to worry about since I won't go to bed with him."

"Hoy Barbie, anong nakain mo? Bakit mukha kang bitter today" Piper commented.

"Allergic lang ako sa mga playboy."

"Why? I'm not loyal either."

"Magkaiba naman kayo Piper, sila walang mawawala sa kanila while a woman sees many men, she is a whore immediately."

"So you're saying I'm a whore? Well, I really am."

She laughed at Piper's answer.

Pinunasan niya ang mga mesa dahil any time ay magbubukas na sila. She entered the kitchen. Pilit niyang inaabot ang baso sa cabinet nang may kamay na kumuha nito. When she turned she saw Zayd.

"You could always ask for help, you know" he said while handing her the wine glass.

"Thank you. I'm just used to do everything by myself."

"Now that I'm here I won't let you do things alone."

"Ganito ka ba sa lahat ng mga babae mo?"

"Only you."

"Oh talaga? Kahit sa mga kafling mo na sina Sandra, Betty, Niña?"

"You even memorize their names. Not bad huh."

"Of course ako kaya lagi ang pinapaserve mo sa mesa ninyo, kahit nariyan naman sina Piper at Barbie."

"I want you to get jealous."

"And why would I be jealous? I don't like you."

"Ouch! Hinay hinay naman please just because you don't like me you can say everything."

"I'm just telling the truth."

Takoyama suddenly arrived and interrupted their conversation.

"Ayeng, nakuha mo na ba ang wineglass?" he asked.

"Yes."

She left Zayd and went out.