For the love of my Kingdom

Eren watched the clouds, he could see the birds flying past. They kept their distance from the flying reptiles. The sun glazed over the scaled beasts as the day wore on. The stable boy had pointed out where Eren's lunch was stored. He ate it as he flew with his king. Eren loved flying. It was the most freeing experience he ever had.

In time his thoughts shifted to his father. He knew the Regent of Sina was captured and in the King of Maria's dungeon. What he didn't know was what he wanted to do about it. This was the man who hid him away from everyone and everything. As he thought about his life with his father, images invaded his mind.

The beatings his father would give him if he did anything wrong. The way he was forced to clean the lab, how they tried to remove the mark that made him a knight. All of these were horrible memories, yet Eren took them to be normal. It was his life. He recalled times when Bertolt would sneak him out. The farm boy who turned into being Grisha's lab dog, liked and cared for Eren.

Bertolt had been his only ally. He would take him out at night to see the moon and stars. He taught Eren the constellations and how to navigate by the stars above him. Bertolt was the one to teach Eren how to swim. Only with the tall dark servant had he ever known freedom. It wasn't until his time with Levi, that somethings about Bertolt leaked through.

Although, Eren cared deeply for the only person to show him kindness, he was seeing, now, how Bertolt abused him just as bad as his father. They would go swimming, Bertolt would touch Eren. He always managed to caress his butt, or swipe his hand over his flaccid cock when he bathed him. When Eren began to see his cock swell, he feared Father had done something to him. Bertolt told Eren that only he could help him when this happened. The dark haired servant would suck his cock until Eren came. He would fondle him, but never had he forced himself on his young charge. Eren just didn't understand the act he thought of as being friendship was something far darker.

'It sounds as if he had a thing for you.' Levi broke into the teens thoughts.

'Maybe. Can you, um, Levi was Bertolt captured?' Eren asked.

'I don't know. I was only focused on making sure Grisha didn't get away. I will asked Erwin.' The dragon was silent for some time. Then his mind came back to Eren.

'Erwin says there was a boy who fits your description...'

'When we get back, I would like to see him.' Eren stated.

'Then it shall be done.' Levi offered. The dragon dipped below the clouds as they came over the boarder. For living in a cell most of his eighteen years, Eren was seeing the third country in this fine land. He was shocked to see how strange it looked.

He recalled only trees, rocks and giant stone boulders. There would be ponds or creeks, but in his home land, he never saw places in the like they were flying over now. Buildings filled the fields, roads connected all the cities and towns they flew over. Hardly any place was just trees. Eren felt sad at seeing this land. It wasn't beautiful. He liked the tall green trees and sparkling waters of Maria the best, he decided.

'You should see Shiganshina. There are no buildings. The forests go on forever. The lush green of the land rivals even the beauty of your eyes.' Levi informed him.

'It sounds like you loved it.' Eren said. The dragon chuckled under him.

'All dragons come from Shiganshina.' The king commented. 'I may have been born in Maria, but dragon's have long memories. We recall our home.' Levi went back up above the clouds.

It was another hour or so before he flew back down. Now Eren gasped. Here was a city unlike anything he had ever seen. The buildings sparkled in the sun. Moving carriages of all colors and sizes roamed the streets. The buildings were tall, reaching into the skies. The dragons maneuvered expertly around them. Then he saw the most wonderful of sights.