Rose Castle

The streets were made from brick. Eren found this funny. He hopped from one to the other while his king smirked at him. After a few minutes he fell back to his king's side. A smile covering his face. He gripped Levi's arm as they continued to walk behind the men carrying the throne. People were leaning out windows, stepping out of doors or from between buildings, just to toss rose petals in front of the kings chariot.

Eren saw a little girl bow as the king went by. No one in the parade paid attention. Eren stepped away from Levi to bow to her. He gave her a shinny scale that had shed from Levi during the flight. The girl's eyes grew round as she looked up at him. She cupped the scale in her hands holding it as she pressed it to her heart.

"Thank you, sir knight." Her blue eyes huge as she smiled.

"You are welcome, fair maiden." Eren grinned back.

"Eren." Levi called holding out his hand. No one had gone past the dragon shifter king. Eren came back to his king. Levi smiled down at him. As they walked on, Eren and Levi made a point to wave or acknowledge those who stepped out to see the parade going by. The people's own King ignored them.

In time they reached the castle. It shimmered in the late afternoon sunlight. Eren blinked furiously at how the sun struck his eyes. Levi placed his hand above them to shield the human eyes. The shifters used their secondary eyelids to add protection for their vision. The brightness of the castle didn't bother them in the least.

Levi saw the king duck his head out to grin evilly back at him. When he saw the dragon shifter king wasn't harmed or intimidated by the castle he sunk back into his seat, pouting. Eren saw and laughed at Levi. The king pulled him closer to his side. Armin moved up to the Knight's other side as they entered the walls of the castle. Just before he stepped out of the sunlight, Eren saw a shadow fly across the ground. He smirked. At least one shifter was in the air watching over their king. Happily Eren flowed the entourage inside.

They wound around to the right. The young knight thought the king was being petty. It looked like he made his men take the longest route possible. Eren got to see the beauty of the kings castle. Too bad it was wasted on the king. There were many art pieces the knight wished to explore more, but he didn't have the time. He was here to back up his king.

They came into a large room. The windows were works of art. Eren couldn't help his mouth falling open. He had never seen such a thing in his life. The colors created patterns on the floor when the sunlight hit them.

"It's clear stained glass. If you look, the pictures tell a story. It is the rise of the humans, how they over threw the dragons to become the true leader of the nation. It is a false story. As the dragons simply got tired of the foolish humans. Once they stole all their riches and ate the best of them, they retreated to their much nicer home. They left the wasted land to the humans." Levi smiled at his knight as Eren took in the story.

"No human could best a shifter, alone." Eren decided. They were forced to wait until the king managed to roll from his chariot to his throne chair. Once more the tent shielded him as his servants fixed his robes. When he was presentable, the servants left. More came bringing chairs for the three guests, a small table with fruits and snacks placed upon it. Levi shook his head to indicate to Eren not to consume anything from the vengeful king.

Finally the king was ready. He sat above them on a daises that housed a single throne. His wife having passed many years ago. He sipped from a wine goblet before looking down his nose at the dragon shifter king.

"I send you my daughter for her to become your queen and you throw her away, I demand justice for her!" The king bellowed.

"No queen who is not shifter or knight would stand a chance to live within my kingdom for long. I need someone who can rule at my side, not hideaway in a castle." Levi sounded bored. He didn't raise his voice, making the human king lean forward just to hear what he was saying.