Day 8 - Knowing the Hunk

Chevalier Fitzgerald

Age: 28

Occupation: International Model

Getting into a controversy doesn't stop him to find a genuine connection with someone in the cabin. Knowing the possibility that people may still have a grudge towards him, it's not easy to feel that, but moving on from his past, he knows he can do better. Better than just being a douche.

***

A picnic set-up under the bent coconut tree just a few feet away from the shore, was a good set-up because the leaves of the coconut tree help to be their shed.

Chevalier wears a satin shirt so thin and transparent to be able to see his fit body.

Not that long when Chevalier noticed someone with a floppy hat is walking in his direction. He get up from slouching on the mat and met the beauty halfway. As he gets closer to her, his smile grows bigger.

"Salut," he greeted and hugged his first date. "How are you?"

As she parted away from his hug and looked straight at his eyes, she recognizes him but didn't make a strong reaction about it. "I'm feeling great... and excited! What about you?"

Chevalier exhales. "I'm excited... and a little nervous, I guess. By the way, I'm Chevalier Fitzgerald and I'm from—"

"France," she said, interrupting him.

He creased his forehead and laughed it off. "How'd you guess?"

"Uhmm... well, you greeted me in French so I guess that's how I knew it?" she said. "Anyway, I'm Mallory and it's my pleasure that you picked me to join you here today. It's quite lovely here..." she said as she looks around.

He nodded. "Yeah, quite same as you." He smirked. "Join me on the mat," he said, putting his hand on her back towards the picnic setup.

As soon as they settled sitting on the ground, the half an hour of their date begins.

"So, where did you come from?"

"Oh, not far," she answered.

"I could guess," Chevalier said.

"Sure! What do you think?"

"Singapore?" he guessed.

Mallory giggled, shaking her head. "Nope. But close."

"Taiwan?"

"Give it up?" Mallory said.

"I'm afraid so..."

"I'm from Manila... basically the Philippines," she said.

"I didn't know that! I wasn't able to guess it on your accent... I've been around with Filipina friends before... I'm dumb."

"No, that's fine. So... I want to know you," Mallory said. "I want you to know that I just came here five days ago... not that new, but I'm the only one who's new to the group so it's quite lovely to have you here. Tell me something about your type."

"I like the way you're coming at me." He smirked. "Hm... I really like petite girls. Girls shorter than me is what I like. Lovely, nice, and we have something in common, but I can always work it out with whoever I wanted to be with."

"I see... that's pretty interesting. For me, yeah... I won't lie. You're my type of guy. There's no explanation to that, you're gorgeous." They both laughed when she said that. "But I'm pretty much leaning to someone who is honest, family-oriented, and won't stop me to do the things I love."

"Well, I can work on that," Chevalier said. "But tell me about your connection with your current couple. Who you were with now?"

"I'm with Dong-Yoon now... he's from South Korea. He was paired up with Mi-sun before I came in. But we're genuine with each other, but I can honestly say that we still don't have a strong connection. That's the only thing I can say for now..."

The two continue to get to know each other and they quickly get along and comfortable with each other. From that moment, Mallory is eyeing to know him more than anyone else... well, she's not giving up knowing his current couple—but because she found more compatibility with the new arrival, her future inside the cabin became brighter.

As soon as the thirty minutes date is over, Mallory has to leave him for the meantime so it would be Laura's turn to get to know him.

While waiting for Laura, Chevalier fixes the stuff around. Not that long when Chevalier found someone walking in closer. Just like what he did for Mallory, he run towards her and meet her halfway.

"Salut," he greeted, embracing her with a hug. "How are you?"

"Oh my gosh, it's you," Laura muttered, looking straight at his face. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Yeah? What's with me?"

"I know you," she said. "You're Chevalier Fitzgerald!" she exclaimed.

"Oh, nice!" He chuckled. "How did you know me?"

"Well, I know you're a model in France, and... don't mind where I found out about it. I just know you." She winced.

"Oh, that's okay... shall we get there?" he invited to the picnic setup.

They headed to the mat and sat comfortably there. Chevalier opens a bottle of champagne and pours each wine glass for both of them.

"I'm still curious how did you recognize me... you can tell it to me. I don't mind... though I already have an idea what is it."

She smirked. "Uh... yeah... it could be what you think it is. But you're here for something new, right?"

He nodded. "Of course. Past is past and I'm here to make a genuine connection with someone else... and that could be you..."

She giggled. "Well... probably."

He chuckled. "So, tell me something about your status with your current couple now?"

"I'm with Emilio... he's from Portugal and I'm from the Philippines," she said.

"Or, you're same with Mallory?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah! Currently, four of us are based in the Philippines, but in the past months, I stayed in Vegas for some time since my boss there got a baby."

"Who's your boss there?"

"Devin Carrington," she said. "I'm not sure if you're familiar with him, but he's quite popular in Vegas since he's a billionaire."

"Oh, I see... I'm sure I've heard his name before," he said. "But let's go back to Emilio..."

"Oh, yes! Alright." She giggled. "We're actually doing well right now... he's very kind and genuine with his intention towards me."

"Do you like him?"

She nodded. "Yeah..." she answered. "But we're still getting to know where our relationship will move forward, but I'm quite sure he likes me as well."

"Well, maybe there's still a possibility for me," Chevalier said.

Laura just smiled.

"Let's see that... for now, welcome to me," he said, tossing his glass of champagne with her glass.