First Day

Sasha lets out a tiny yelp as she's pushed off of her position on the couch. Looking around, she spots her girlfriend, Meredith, wrapping a blanket around herself before tossing one to Sasha.

Standing up and quickly wrapping it around her body, Sasha spots the naked man on the floor and throws a pillow over his butt, waking him, "Morning sleepyhead."

He holds up a bra, "This is, uh..."

Meredith snatches it from him as the two women start heading to the stairs, "You have to go."

"Why don't you two just come back down here, and we'll pick up where we left off?" The man sits up.

"No, seriously. You have to go. We are late and that isn't how you want to start your first day of work, so," Sasha says as she waits at the bottom of the stairs for Meredith. 

The man stands, taking a look around the house, "So, uh, you actually live here."

"No. Yes. Kind of," Sasha snorts as Meredith tries to explain.

Meredith retaliates by throwing a pillow at her while the man puts his pants on, "It's nice- a little dusty-odd, but it's nice. So, how do you two kind of live here?"

"We moved two weeks ago from Boston. It was her mother's house and she insists she's selling it."

"Oh, I'm sorry," He tells Meredith.

"For what?"

The man points at Sasha, "She said was."

Meredith quickly waves off that thought, "Oh, my mother's not dead. She's-you know what? We don't have to do the thing. "

He grabs his shirt, "Oh, we can do anything you want."

Sasha giggles, "No, the thing- exchange details, pretend we care. Look, we've got to go upstairs and get ready for work, and when either of us come back down here, you won't be here. Goodbye..."

"Derek," He introduces.

"Right. Meredith. That's Sasha."

"Nice meeting you both," He smiles, hopping over the couch as the two race up the stairs, giggling the entire way up.

Once they have both showered and finished getting ready, they hop into Meredith's car and race off to their new work. Seattle Grace Hospital.

"Each of you comes here today hopeful, wanting in on the game," The two sneak in quietly as the chief is talking.

Once they are fully in the room, Sasha recognizes her sister and gives her a small wave before focusing, "A month ago, you were in med school, being taught by doctors. Today...you are the doctors," The doors to an OR open as the interns all take a look around, amazed, "The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition," Meredith and Sasha lock eyes before the later winks at her girlfriend, "Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play...that's up to you."

¤¤¤¤

In the intern locker room, Sasha quickly puts on her scrubs and lab coat, tying her hair back using the mirror in her locker as names are called, "Okay, Martin, Robinson, Bond, Hawkins."

"Only seven women out of 21," Meredith comments to Cristina.

"Yeah. I hear one of them's a model. Seriously, that's gonna help with the respect thing?" Cristina comments.