Mom's in Town

Sasha opens the door to Cristina's apartment, studying her flashcards, "Cristina? What was with the urgent call? You know it takes a lot for me to get anywhere in a hurry-"

"Sasha Maria Williams-Yang! You're pregnant?" Helen yells.

Freezing, Sasha looking up from her flashcards to see her mother, Burke's mother, Burke and Cristina standing in the apartment's living room, staring at her.

"Mom's in town," Cristina says, looking down when Sasha and Helen's glares are turned on her.

¤¤¤¤

Sasha and Cristina huddle in the bedroom as they whisper yell at each other, "Why didn't you tell me she was here? You knew she didn't know about the babies!"

"Burke didn't tell me she was gonna be here," Cristina argues.

"Why didn't you warn me then?" Sasha asks.

"It slipped my mind. I just didn't want to deal with them by myself," Cristina tells her, sitting on the bed.

"Well, your going to have to for a little bit. I have to go talk to Mark and figure out what we're going to tell mom. Because saying I'm gonna co-parent twins with the ex-best friend of my ex-boyfriend who I slept with when I got drunk won't go over well," Sasha paces, stressing out.

Cristina guides her to sitting down, "Okay, you should sit down. Stress can not be good for the babies. Go to the hospital and talk to Sloan. I'll stall here for a bit but you have to come back."

Sasha narrows her eyes, weighing her options, "Fine. Just....don't mention anything about anything. Not even that I'm having twins."

She starts chuckling, "It's kinda funny if you think about it. You're starting a family and I'm getting married, but none of it is how she expected but exactly what she wanted."

"The way you're getting married is exactly how I expected it to go. This pregnancy, so unexpected," Sasha sighs before opening the door and stepping out, "I need to run to the hospital. I will talk to you-"

"No, no, no. You must explain to me what all this is and why you didn't tell me? Is the father around? Is he that boyfriend you've had since med school? The one I still haven't met?"

"Oh, um..." Sasha looks to Cristina to help unpack those questions.

"No, they broke up. This is a new guy. A surgeon with an established career. Bur-I mean, Preston, respects him a great deal. Right, Preston?"

The two sisters give Burke looks that are hard to argue with, "Oh, yeah, Mark is a great guy."

Helen latches on to the name, "Mark. I don't remember him from the last time I was here. Just how long have you known this man, Sasha?"

"Oh, look at that. I'm being paged. I'll talk to you later, mom, bye!" Sasha rushes out of the apartment as quickly as she can.

The door doesn't close fast enough as she's still able to hear Helen say, "I can't wait to meet your fiancee, Sasha!"

¤¤¤¤

Sasha rushes through the halls, passing Bailey who stops her, "Williams! You're late!"

She stops since Bailey blocks her path, "Dr. Bailey, I really don't have time for this. My mother's in town and she didn't know I was pregnant."

"She doesn't know about Sloan either, then?" Sasha shakes her head to Bailey's question, "Doesn't know about the you/Shepherd/Grey situation?" Another no, "Does she know it's twins?" Shakes head, "Do you need to go find Sloan and make a plan of what to tell her?" This time she nods, "Okay, go."