No More McDreamy

Sitting at the bar, Sasha sips a water after watching Meredith consume shot after shot of vodka as they watch the door in hopes that Derek walks through them. Meredith turns to her, "I actually said pick us. Right? I did? Pick us?"

"I think it's romantic," Joe tells her as she rests her head on Sasha's chest.

"It's not romantic, Joe. It's horrifying," Meredith shakes her head.

"It's...a mix. Horomantic?" Sasha suggests, "I don't know. I told him to pick us too."

Joe nods as Sasha's word, "Horomantic. That's what that is."

Meredith groans, "I said pick us."

Sasha sighs as she hears Cristina say, "Now, it's just pathetic."

"Who's pathetic," Meredith slams her fist down on the bar.

The trio share a look as Sasha laughs, "What?"

Meredith is slightly intoxicated, "You who pretend to be our friends, her sister, are calling us pathetic behind our backs in front of our faces. Why don't you just dump the pig's blood on me now and get it over with?"

The doors open again, but it's only Nurse Tyler, "He's really not coming."

Everyone's pagers start going off as someone yells for Joe to turn on the TV, "A massive train wreck occurred just outside of Seattle moments ago."

"911?" Cristina asks.

"We just worked a 30-hour shift," Izzie complains.

"I know, and I felt like I accomplished nothing. So, let's get to the hospital and get Mer, here, hooked up to a banana bag," Sasha says, dragging Meredith with her.

They get to the ambulance bay to see pandemonium, causing them to rush and change. Once change, they finish making sure they're ready in the elevator. The group of interns rush out of the elevators, "I think I saw a pneumothorax. I hope I get a pneumothorax."

Gowning up, Sasha doesn't let Meredith grab one, "No, get at least one bag through you, and I'll consider letting you work."

Meredith groans, "You aren't my mother, you can't tell me what to do."

"You're right, I'm not your mother. I am your girlfriend who loves you too much to let you work drunk and risk lives and your job, so-"

She's cut off when the group spots Bailey walking in in a dress and heels, "What are you looking at?" The group adverts their gazes while shrugging, "Hey, you, go get me my damn shoes. Here. Let's move people," She stops when she sees Meredith just standing there.

"Hello. I seem to be a little bit drunk. I was off duty."

"So was I. Anybody else half in the bottle? Williams?" The group is quick to shake their heads, "All right then. Grey, just stay out of the way. I'll deal with you later. The rest of you stick with me and wait for your assignments. I know you get all a-quiver at the sight of blood and organs, but it's gonna be a long night and you're already tired. I don't want any mistakes. Come on now!" Sasha kisses Meredith cheek before quickly following Bailey.

At the sight of the packed ER, the interns whisper among the group, "I'm so not tired anymore."

"Me neither."

"I'm not tired either."

Addison calls out, "We've got a third-trimester burn victim here. Dr. Williams, with me."

Sasha quickly moves and asks the patient questions, "Have you had any contractions?"

She answers, "No."