21

❀ Mia 

"Ares! I have a bruise; I'm not paralyzed," I laughed as he picked me up when I was halfway down the stairs. I was fine to walk, but I think he just wanted to touch me. 

He set me down on the kitchen counter before responding, "Don't argue with me. Your ass probably would've fallen down those steps and actually become paralyzed."

"You know I got into a car crash once," I told him. "Didn't get paralyzed then."

"What? When?" he asked like I just said the craziest thing ever.

I kicked my legs while he started to make some coffee. I told him, "In Fiji."

"You were probably driving, huh?" he said over his shoulder, making me roll my eyes.

I told him, "No. A guy I was talking to at the time was."

He suddenly paused, putting his stuff down on the counter. He slowly turned around, walking to be right in front of me. He repeated my words, "Some guy you were talking to?"

"Mhm," I said in an overly sweet tone. "His name was Henry."

"Henry, huh?" he replied, looking into my eyes with crossed arms.

I nodded, "Yup. He was quite charming, by the way."

"So charming that he crashed a fucking car with you in it?" he asked, moving his hand to my hair and grabbing a gentle fistful of it.

I shrugged and spoke innocently, "I was distracting him."

"How?"

"I was giving him road head."

I watched as his jaw clenched, making me smirk. It was hard not to laugh. He looked to the side like he was trying to collect himself. I continued to stare up at him innocently, knowing what really happened was that Henry swerved to avoid hitting a squirrel.

"Were you?" he asked, keeping his hand in my hair.

I smiled up at him, "Nope. But that seemed to make you pretty jealous."

"Of course it made me fucking jealous," he said quietly, pressing a kiss against my forehead.

He turned around, pouring us two cups of coffee. The bitter smell filled the air, and he came back to stand right in front of me while handing me the mug. I blew on it as I took it from him, and he gently moved his warm hand to my back. He asked softly, "You're really feeling better?"

I nodded, "Mhm. Shouldn't need you to wash my hair again."

"I always could whenever you want me to," he replied while standing between my legs.

I bit my bottom lip before telling him, "I'm usually a shower person."

"Perfect. Me too."

He stared into my eyes for a few more moments before leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. He put his hands on my hips as he kissed me, and I grabbed a fist of his soft brown hair. 

His front door swinging open caused us to jump, the sound of multiple people's voices coming from down the hallway. I looked at Ares as footsteps started walking down the hallway, and then suddenly, multiple people were standing in the kitchen.