37

Ares' arm is draped over me as my eyes slowly open.

I turn carefully, not wanting to wake him up. When I'm met with an empty pillow and not his face, my eyebrows lower and I push myself up.

I look down and see that he used a shirt to mimic the feeling of his arm. As if he could sense that I had woken up, the bathroom door opened.

"You're up," he said while walking over to me, and I couldn't help but notice he was fully dressed.  "How are you feeling?"

"Betrayed," I said in a dramatic voice. "Where are you going?"

"I was just going to go to the gym for about an hour. Was gonna get you Mike's on the way home," he told me while I rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hands.

I stretched my back. As I breathed, it felt normal again, and no coughs came from my throat. I suddenly stood up out of the bed, and Ares looked at me with a crease between his brows.

"It's a beautiful weekend," I yawned. "Minus the emails - but okay, lets go."

"Lets go?" he repeated my words while standing to his full height.

I nodded, "Lets go to the gym."

"You're just getting over your cold-"

I cut him off, "Exercise is good for you, right?"

"What do you plan on doing there?" he asked while his lips turned up.

I paused and bit the inside of my lip. I didn't go to the gym, but I'm sure I could figure the equipment out.

"Bench presses, squats....you name it," I listed the only two things I knew.

I went to walk past him to get some clothes from my closet when Ares grabbed onto my face and pressed his lips against mine. It was long, and his arms wrapped around me in a way that made my heart warm.

He pulled away, my lungs desperate for air now. As I caught my breath, he tugged my bottom lip down, "That's for not being able to kiss you yesterday."

"You were still able to, you just hate me and didn't want me to," I teased him, but before I could pull away he kissed me again.

"Hate you, huh?" he said while raising an eyebrow. "Is that why I played with your hair for two hours after you fell asleep?"

I smiled hearing his words while I grabbed leggings and a tank top from our closet. 

As I changed in the bathroom, I smiled while an idea came into my head. I called out, "Ares? My throat hurts a little, could you please get me another Halls?"

"Sure," he said instantly, and I listened to the sound of his training shoes walking out of the bedroom. 

I changed quickly and rushed out of the bathroom, and I stood beside the door to the bedroom. I listened to him downstairs, waiting to jump out and scare him once he got it. 

I heard his footsteps start to come up the stairs, and once he was about to reach the doorway, I jumped out, "Boo, motherfucker!"

He jumped a little, dropping the Halls onto the ground. I laughed and he looked at me with an 'I'm going to kill you' look.

When he started to walk towards me, I took steps back, thinking maybe I shouldn't have done that. 

"You should've seen how much you jumped," I poked him while walking backward.

"You didn't scare me," he said as my back now hit the wall, and he stood directly in front of me.

"No? Then what did?"