Chapter 23

"Alright Sewaddle let's use String Shot," said Maya training up Sewaddle and Zorua dodging the moves as Serena also trains Fennekin and Larvesta in making beautiful displays. During all this Ash was making notes of the environment around them as the area they were in was a bit dark with the sunlight being very dim. 

During Ash's research, Lairon and Lucario were beside Ash as they looked at the surroundings as well with Lucario reading different auras and Lairon being beside Ash as he rubbed Lairon with it enjoying it. After Ash finished his research he returned to Maya and Serena with them sitting and taking a rest. 

During all this Ash then sat down and rested with them with Zorua sleeping comfortably on Maya's head, Serena petting her Pokemon to relax, and Ash with a little bit of aura making a calming effect. It world however did not want them to feel relaxed because a scream was heard. 

As the scream was heard Ash, Serena, and Maya got up and ran to the location to only see the other traveling group of Z town. As Serena and Maya were confused, Ash was looking at the situation. He saw a huddled figure in the darkness staring at them with Dean, Avi, and Zoe covering in fear. 

Ash then immediately used Aura Vision to see that there were three auras with one being one similar to a dark-type Pokemon and the two other being human. Ash now knew what it was walked up to the figure and used Aura's Disperse to reveal the trio. 

The dark-type Pokemon seems to be Zoroark and the two humans are a girl and boy behind the Zoroark. After everyone calmed down from the situation Ash started to introduce Serena and Maya to the rest with Dean receiving a hit to the head from Ash as he tried to woo Serena. 

As Maya was playing with the other children. After the introduction, Ash started to question the children with the Zoroark. Everyone now knew the children were twins with a girl named Layla and a boy named Chester. 

After that Ash was about to be challenged by Dean, but after Dean notices Ash's badges count he decided to not. After that Ash, Serena, Maya, and the other children left the Z town trio.

After walking a few minutes they reach their location a traditional Kanto house. As they reached it the twins ran into the house and they were picked up by a woman standing there with a worried face. 

"Where did you both go without warning," said the woman with a worried and angry face. "We went to find some friends in the forest," said the twins smiling and running towards Ash, Serena, and Maya running around them as to signal them as the friends. 

"Really?" said the woman with a sad smile wanting to confirm it. "Yes, we are if you confirm if we strangers that were dragged here," said Serena with a smile wanting to calm down the mother. "Oh, that's great why don't you all come in for some tea," said the mother bringing them inside for some tea and mochi. 

During tea time Maya, Layla and Chester left early to play in the house's backyard. Leaving Ash, Serena, and Yami the mother of the twins. During this Yami keep making comments about them being a cute couple making Ash and Serena a very ripe tomato. 

After that, as they were about to leave Ash said: "Ms. Yami I know that you are the Dark Type Gym Leader but it seems that today is a very tiring day so I think it would be best if we had our battle tomorrow." Leaving Yami shocked but noticing who Ash was and the call from the Seijo and she smiled knowing about who she was about to fight. 

As the group left, in the distance a person was in the forest looking at them mostly Ash and Maya. 

'I hope they would be enough to break that barrier' thought the person entering the massive tree where there were many dusty books in stacks.

 One thing that stood out was the corner of the tree was a rustly machine with many components being broken and twisted with floating books unable to move as it was stuck in time. The figure then close its eyes and breathed preparing to fix the machine as it continued to say ERROR, ERROR, ERROR.

(A/N: This was a short chapter as I'm feeling very tired so this Chapter was a refresher, as I needed to prepare for the following Gym Battles, Elite Four and Capri Lore. Oh yeah the 23 chapters of the 23 challenges)