Chapter 35

"So this would be the end of the Gym Challenges," said Ash looking at the dark forest ahead feeling a massive aura originating from there. "Well are we really going to enter there?" asked Maya to only see Ash and Serena slowly entering making her run towards them. 

As they traversed their thoughts slowly drifted into random intervals with Ash thinking about his encounter with Ainsel, Serena discovering her usage of Psychic energy during her encounter with the Zaya sisters, and Maya thinking about the object that her brother gave as she grazed it with her finger as the object was a beautifully carved NeverMeltIce in the shape of a circle with a weird marking in the center that seems to symbolize adaption. 

However, everyone's thoughts were cut short as Ash alerted them as they were about to fall into clear and mystical water that seems to be aware of them as they move around it slowly followed creating small splashes of water. 

During this Ash then used Aura Vision to see the path again to only see nothing to navigate through but the pond there were. Ash then got on his knees to see the pond's sentients, which made a cute chirping noise-making Serena and Maya look at it with awe as it jumped around playfully. 

"Well, this would be the second time that someone played attention to little Emil," said an old woman with a long-dominant white hair with a tint of purple at the end of her hair as she wore a religious robe that seems to be a primarily purple color with a tint of dark blue. 

"Well, hello there young travelers," said the old woman as she placed her hand in the pond as some part of the water surrounds her arm in a circling motion making everyone in awe mostly Maya as she tries to do it with little success. 

"It takes time young lady you need patience alright," said the old lady as she touched Maya's nose as if to calm down Maya. Ash seeing that his wrist band's color is a primarily blue color conformed that the old woman is an Aura User as he thought about how she used the water like that. 

"Oh...how rude of me that I forgot my introduction...My name is Wyvern, the Dragon-type Gym Leader." said the old lady as her eyes turned a slight purple and blue color having a kind aura but to Ash and Serena they saw something powerful within her. 

"Well despite my age and time, I think that you young man is here for my Gym Badge for the Elite Four," said Wyvern smiling kindly but her face turning a little dark as she created a massive battlefield in the thick forest that seems to be endless with the sentient water from before being in the center having properties of pulling anything in it and launching it into the air with high velocities.

After that, they saw Ash and Wyvern standing on two opposite sides as Serena and Maya were at the sideline with them watching them. Wyvern then stated that it would be a 2 vs 2 in a double battle format. 

As she released a Noivern and Dragalge who seems to be quite different with Noivern being a lot bigger than usual with a powerful aura resonating from within, as for Dragalge it had longer kelp appendages with a meaner look as if it was trying to stare into Ash's soul. Ash then decided his best decision him choosing Melmetal and Gallade. 

Making Wyvern's kindful smile to a frown as the weather on the battlefield started to turn dangerous with heavy rain and cracking thunder. "Shall you begin the 18th challenge," said Wyvern she signaled the battle as lightning struck the center of the vortex in the battlefield, sending the lighting back up. 

(Dragon-type Gym Battle[Gym Leader Wyvern])

Immediately Ash called for a setup with Gallade using Swords Dance and Melmetal using Double Iron Bash to try and distract Wyvern's Pokemon. 

However, Noivern dodged it with relative ease and countered with Taunt making Gallade unable to use Swords Dance as Dragalga uses Acid Armor raising its Defense greatly. Ash seeing this immediately called for a full offense with Gallade using Knock Off and Melmetal using Ice Punch. 

Wyvern countered with Noivern using Boomburst and Dragalge using Draco Meteor. While Noivern was able to hand the hit on Gallade she persisted by hitting off its Leftover while Dragalga got hit by Ice Punch dealing massive damage but with Acid Armor, it stood up with it firing Draco Meteor creating more hazards like lightning and little rocks flew down towards Melmetal and Gallade. 

Ash seeing the opportunity decided to call for a Double Iron Bash and Close Combat. As Ash called for that Melmetal immediately started to strike away from the meteors as Gallade ran into the vortex making Wyvern order a Hurricane and Sludge Bomb prepared for the launching system of the vortex to punish Gallade. But after a while, nothing happened to only saw Gallade teleport behind Dragalga and used Close Combat to knock the Mock Kelp Pokemon weak. 

As Melmetal finish destroying the Draco Meteor it was greeted by a Hurricane from Noivern after Wyvern ordered to redirect the attack. After that attack saw that almost nothing happened as Dragalge got up with almost no harm as Noivern was still strong as ever as Melmetal and Gallade were using a lot of their stamina. Ash now sees the true meaning to be Dragon Master. 

During all this, Serena was practically biting down on her fingernails as she watched Ash's battle while Maya watches with awe. 

Ash then looked at Wyvern as she was now smiling as if to hide something. Ash then looked at Noivern and Dragalga as they were now waiting patiently. Ash then quickly started to think of a counter to Wyvern's patient battle style. 

As he quickly thought of a lot of possibilities he then thought of a strategy, making him have a neutral face as he immediately called for a Thunder Punch and Swords Dance as the taunt finished. Wyvern seeing this then sighed and ordered a Boomburst and Sludge Bomb. 

Ash seeing this immediately called in his plan with him ordering Melmetal to use Thunder Punch on Boomburst breathing a massive dust cloud as the Sludge Bomb got sent inside landed making Wyvern smile. 

For a while, the battlefield was quiet as the thunderstorm slowly set away as well as the vortex. Ash seeing this smiled as the dust cloud set away Wyvern saw Ash's plan. Immediately behind Dragalga Gallade came out using Dual Chop knocking Dragalga down to the ground two pairs of steel arms came out of the dust cloud knocking Dragalga out as it fainted. 

Wyvern seeing the situation then sighed as she and Noivern had a dark blue aura surrounding them Noivern quickly appeared behind knocking Gallade out with an Aerial Ace. Ash was now worried as Wyvern did not say a word then as she returned Dragalga as he returned Gallade as well. 

Without a word, Noivern immediately started to bolt towards Melmetal slamming the Hex Nut Pokemon with massive force knocking Melmetal into the air making everyone but Wyvern in shock. Ash now felt panicked as his starter was now in the air. 

Noivern then started pursuing it flying up high to land a move. Ash feels a sense of defeat looking at Melmetals being helpless in the air, as his mind said it was impossible to change Melmetal fate Ash's body screamed the opposite saying there is hope. 

As Ash saw Noivern closing the gap inch by inch it made him say it was impossible but his aura and soul would say the opposite as a strong force of aura flowed through Ash's body reflecting it towards Melmetal as they started to close their eyes as their souls combined as Ash saw through Melmetals eye. 

He immediately took action with him using Double Iron Bash forcing Noivern off course as Melmetal landed on the ground he immediately used Thunder Punch to counter Noivern's Dragon Claw as the two clashed with extremely fast motion with them occasionally trading hits. 

Serena seeing this immediately felt worried for Ash as when Melmetal was hit he gripped his chest with his right hand. After some hits, the two were panting due to the exhaustion but had to push forwards for one last move. 

As Noivern flew towards Melmetal with Aerial Ace ready Melmetal stood firm with its fist held up. As Noivern got almost into striking however Melmetal used one of its fists pushing it upward making Noivern miss as Melmetal dunked his other steel fists knocking the Sound Wave Pokemon out. 

As Ash breathed heavily as Wyvern then smiled and returns Noivern. "Congratulation young guardian."

(Battle end)

Right after the battle, Wyvern gave Ash the Dragonic Badge and after Ash and the crew left Wyvern then smiled, "I hope your brother doing well little Maya" said Wyvern as her memories showed the past Feza chatting and having tea with a very slightly younger Wyvern.