Decomissioned

"As of now moon will be decommissioned, I'm sorry sun" y/n said to sundrop in monotone "w...what? T-this can't be happening! I-I love him! They can't... that can't just..." sun stammered trying to keep his composure. "I'm sorry sun... there's nothing we can do. You should enjoy your last moments with him..." y/n stated. "No... no... no no no NO NO!!!" Sun crumpled to the floor, shaking and crying. Moon watched from the shadows. "You shouldn't have to se me die." Moon said to himself as he walked grimly to parts and service.

moon laid down on the table. "Just get it over with...I don't want to se sun-" moon was interrupted by sun. "MOON! WAIT! DON'T!" Sun yelled. "Heh... at least I get to see you...one last time... as moon's vision started to fade out, all he could see was sun's crying expression, but suddenly, his mind went through all of his memories with sun. How they watched over the kids, how they watched movies together, how sun would always be there for him. He didn't want this to end, but he new it would be the best for everyone. He remembered sun's smiling face before he powered off, never to be powered on again.

-time skip-

Sun sat against the wall, clutching moon's hat. He thought, "he's coming back... they can't just decommission him..." "he's gone. Don't get your hopes up." A man said to them as they cried. "After all, this is what you wanted, right?" Sun looked up and saw moon, as he disappeared. "Moon...please...I need you..."

Sun got up and decided to take a walk around the pizzaplex, after all, it was closed. Sun went out the big wooden doors and paced around. He swore he saw moon pass by him, but he knew it was just another hallucination. He walked to the arcade, he remembered how him and moon would play games there after hours. Moon always won, and sun would get mad. But it didn't bother sun now, he thought, "I would gladly lose to you if it means seeing you again..."

They walked by Monty golf, and remembered he tripped over a golf club. Moon caught him, and they both laughed. Sun remembered how warm moon was, and felt tears forming, but wiped them. He walked to his room to lay down, and eventually fell asleep.

This went on for weeks, after hours sun would wander the pizzaplex, and see hallucinations of moon, which made him even sadder. He didn't even play with the kids in his usual joyful nature, he just, lost it. He wasn't himself anymore. He was a shadow of his past self.

One day, y/n decided that sun couldn't live without moon, so they requested that moon should be rebuilt, but should install a new a.I. So they rebuilt moon, but without his memories.

Sun was cleaning up the surrounding area of the daycare, but he saw moon, and it wasn't a hallucination. "Hello. It looks like I'll be your new partner!" Sun ignored him, still cleaning. "Uh, my name is Moondrop, and it's nice to meet you," moon held his hand out for sun to shake, but sun slapped it away. "Your not moon... your just some dumb replacement. You don't even act like moon! So just leave me alone. I can handle the cleaning." Sun stated. "O-oh... okay" moon walked away feeling upset.

-time skip-

Sun had walked all the way to parts and service to talk to y/n, who sun knew had come up with this. "WHAT THE HELL Y/N! WHY DID YOU MAKE HIM AGAIN, JUST TO TAUNT ME?!" Sun yelled at y/n, who was looking down, "I'm sorry sun, but if we install his memories he would have the same a.i, and he wouldn't be suitable for the children. "Why do people just...make me suffer... i thought you were different y/n, but your just like the rest." Sun walked out, angry and sad.

-time skip-

"That's it, I can't watch him suffer any longer. They can't live without moon, and moon can't live without sun. I don't care if I get fired, I'll bring him back. No matter what." Y/n opened moon's memory file, and began to search for what was wrong. She saw a file called vanny, and clicked on it with curiosity. She saw it was a virus, and said to herself, "why couldn't they just have removed this virus? It's that simple." They removed the virus and downloaded the files to a USB. "Now to call him."

Y/n shuffled to the daycare with the USB port. "Hey moon! I have an upgrade for you." Y/n told moon. "Oh? Okay, let's get it installed then." Y/n plugged the USB port into moon's head and remembered everything. He fell to his knees and looked up. "T-that's who I was?" Moon got up. "I need to talk to him.

Moon walked up to sun, who was drawing. "...what are you drawing?" Moon asked. "Oh... just how much I hate this place..." it was a drawing of y/n and moon scribbled out with red marker. "...hey it's me...you know?" Moon stated. "...no it's not... you don't remember shit about me." Sun stated. "I remember." Moon said as he held sun's hand. "I remember all the times we spent together, all the times you've comforted me, the times we spent, walking around, enjoying each other, I remember that." Sun perked up a little. "And... I remember kissing you, holding your hand, loving you... I remember all of that." Sun started to cry. "I love you sun" moon finished. Sun jumped into moon's arms and cried. "M-moon! I m-missed y-you! I c-cant..." sun stammered. "I know... I know..." moon held sun in his lap and kissed then on the cheek. "Let's go to your room, okay?" Moon asked. "...okay" and moon picked up sun to take them to their room.

-time skip-

Moon snuggled his head in sun's chest, while humming. Sun kissed the top of moon's forehead and stroked his face. "I missed you moon."

"I missed you too"

And they both fell asleep soundly...