Could I Love You Anymore 4

Chapter 4

True to Jaycee's word, he never leaves Lay alone. He is always there to joke and mess with him all the time. And Lay here becomes annoyed to the extent that he wants to wring Jaycee's neck just to make him stop.

He was like a dog who always follow him everywhere. He is just thankful that Jaycee never decided to transfer on his course, that would be his death if that happen. Also, it's almost their graduation, so it's a no, he can never do that.

But even though he never did that, Jaycee made sure that they eat their lunch together. Of course, together with his friends, not Jaycee's. He doesn't want to eat alone with him. He doesn't want to make a crime because of an annoying bastard.

Jaycee also gives him a lift to his house every time his class ended. Yes, Jaycee knew his schedule. He didn't understand why he did all of that to him. It's been weeks since that accident happen, and Lay thinks that his help was already been paid.

He asks Jaycee about it but he always answers that he wanted to do this to him and is comfortable with him. That confuses him because what Jaycee is giving him is not seen in how Jaycee treated his friends. 

They are on their way to Lay's house when Lay dared to ask Jaycee if had a crush on him. It was supposed to be a joke but then Lay become nervous when they have almost met an accident. It's a good thing that Jaycee hit the break. He never curse all his life but he did at him non-stop because their car almost crash.

Jaycee just looks at him and asks him if he is serious with his question. He didn't answer him, instead, he command Jaycee to drive again so that he can go home. Next time, he will not let Jaycee drive him again. 

He was so nervous a while ago. What if they die on it? He never had a chance to give his mom the better life that she deserves. Well, he admits it he's one of the reasons why did that happen but he never expect that Jaycee would react like that. Until they reach home he didn't talk to Jaycee. He was so mad at him. He didn't even ask him to go inside their house and just leave Jaycee saying sorry to him non-stop about what happened.

Jaycee went home disappointed. He almost throws all the things that he can reach into his sight. He knows that he was shocked by what Lay asked him but it's no excuse that they almost had an accident. Now, Lay won't talk to him.

Anxiety started to creep him. He started to ask questions with no answers. What if he will not able to talk to him at all? What if they will be back again before when they are almost strangers to each other? What if he loses his chance again to be with him?

Jaycee was sitting on the floor grasping his hair when his cousin Claire enter his house. Claire was excited to share the good news with his favorite cousin but she didn't expect him to be like this.

She hurriedly hugs him and consoles him. She never see him cry and how messy his house was. They've been in that position for almost an hour and she guides him to his room so he can rest.

She wanted to know why he is like that but she decided to cook something for him. She clean the mess first in the living area and then went to the kitchen to cook some soup.

When the soup is done, she goes upstairs to Jaycee's room. But she stop in his doorway when she heard that Jaycee is talking to someone. She decided to go back downstairs. Maybe will go down in a bit.

Jaycee didn't expect that his cousin will visit him but he was thankful that he has someone to be on his side when he is like that. After Claire walk him to his room, he decided to call Lay. He call him many times until the latter answered back.

Lay didn't speak on the other line but he didn't care. He wanted to say sorry to him and ask for his forgiveness. Then he heard his voice saying to him that they will talk tomorrow and the call died.