Could I Love You Anymore 6

Chapter 6

Lay started to question himself. He never understands that after avoiding part, Jaycee still doing what he usually and he never says no.

I mean, after the confession thing, he realizes that is not one of the reasons why he is avoiding him. He likes what Jaycee does to him but his mind always contradicts. Now he became stressed and wants to be away from him.

But Jaycee is persistent and he just let him do things. People around them start to ask about their relationship. He is just thankful that nobody's bullying him being close to Jaycee.

He knows what Jaycee doing is beyond friendship, and people, in general, can see it, so he is.

Now, he started to be confused about himself. Not a single day would Jaycee show his feelings for him.

One of them is when Jaycee had a basketball game. Instead of sitting on one of the bleachers above the court, Jaycee insisted he sit on their team's bleacher.

He doesn't know what to feel at that time. He wanted to refuse but Jaycee would not play if he don't sit with his team. Jaycee's reason makes him blush when he said he wants to glance at him from time to time whenever he plays. He becomes inspired and driven to the game if he can see him nearby.

During the final quarter break, Lay excused himself to go to the restroom. Jaycee wanted to accompany him but the break is almost done and he shouldn't go. Lay assured him that he will be back in no time then he left.

After Lay's agenda to the restroom, he didn't expect that he will meet Carrie in the hallway. They have a little chat until they reach the court. Even if they have not so nice happenings before, Lay tried to be friendly. After all, she's the best friend he ever had.

Their chat was cut off by the sound of the whistle from the referee and when they look at the court he saw that Jaycee was holding his legs and whimpering in pain.

He hurriedly runs towards him and asks him if he's okay. He suggested giving Jaycee a piggyback ride to deliver him to their clinic. Carrie just watched how Lay worried about Jaycee's situation. It never slip on her eyes when Jaycee glared at her. Now she knows why he was injured. He's jealous of her.

She and Lay's chances of love go down after what she did to him. And she regrets that moment. Maybe if she had never tempted and believed in Jaycee's lies before, he and Lay would be happy right now and she is not regretting anything. The quote was right, regrets are always at the end.

In the clinic, Jaycee's leg was checked by the doctor and everybody went to relax when he said it was a sprain and it could heal after a week of rest. But the doctor suggested consulting a doctor after a week just to be sure it won't lead to something horrible.

Everybody thank the doctor and Jaycee's teammates with their coach decided to go back to the court, to finish the game. So Lay left to guard him and Jaycee doesn't mind it.

Lay ask him why he was injured and Jaycee admitted that he was jealous that's why he sprain himself without looking at him. Lay was shocked by Jaycee's straightforward answer.

Jaycee told him that he saw him and Carrie talking and they both smiling and he don't like it. He already told him that he doesn't like to see Lay talking to Carrie because he will think that he will lose his chance with him.

Lay assured him that nothing was going on between them. They just meet in the hallway and have a little talk, that's all. He also assured him that he don't have any feelings for her anymore.

Jaycee makes Lay promise that he will never talk to her or any girls in their school. It is not a command but a request. Jaycee doesn't want to lose Lay, especially now that he can feel that he slowly has a space in Lay's heart. He knows, any of this day, Lay will reciprocate his feelings with him and he doesn't want to lose that chance.