Maybe This Time 8

Chapter 8

Dale was like on cloud 9. Being with Seven every day is like a dream to him. But his dream needs to end and face the reality. Seven needs to leave the farm to go back to work. He doesn't want Seven to leave but he doesn't want to create a bad record in Seven's name for the company. They might fire him if he will being AWOL.

He jokes to him that if the company did that to him, he will just stay on the farm and live with him. But he knows him. Yes, Seven will accept but he will think about his parents. I mean his parents are not dependent on him but he was just paying respect to them for being supportive.

Dale decided to let go of Seven for now. He promises Seven that he will visit him after he will settle his obligation on the farm.

Being back in the city is like he's back to reality. When Seven arrive at his home, his parents were amazed at the fruits and veggies he brought. He decided to rest for a while in his room. That's when he felt the emptiness. It's just day one of being away from Dale but he misses him already. He can't wait for a day for Dale to visit him. After that beautiful thought, he doze off to sleep with a smile on his lips.

It's Monday morning and Seven decided to go to work early. He has lots of work to do and he needs to finish that so that if Dale visited he has lots of time to be with him.

When he got to the office he never expect to meet Raven. I mean they work in the same company but after their break up, they never talk once because he is avoiding him and this is the first that they see each after what happened.

Raven was the one who greeted him first. He just responded with a nod. Raven asks him if they can talk. Seven think twice about it but he just thought that this is a good opportunity to end everything with him because he's with Dale now. He doesn't want any complications in his new relationship. He wants to start with a clean slate.

It takes a week for Seven and Raven to talk. He has lots of work to attend to and he doesn't have time to talk to his ex. Raven invited him to a fancy restaurant. He never changes. He was always this guy who brought his date to a good resto.

Raven starts their conversation on how's his vacation, how's he is doing right and all of how's, but he cut him and make say straight forward. Raven got startled and apologize. Raven knows he doesn't have the right to check on him because they are not together anymore. But he misses him and he can feel the longing in his heart.

Seven don't want their conversation to be that long, so he says what he needs to say to him. He clarified to him that this will be their last talk. He told him that he is in a relationship with someone and he doesn't want any complications with him.

Whatever happened to them before, he wants to forget it. He forgives him already and they need to move on. After all, Raven has a family now and that's what matters to him. He tried to feel if there was any pain left, but there was nothing. He just thought that moving on with Dale was really effective, especially in his environment. It will make you calm, think clearly while looking at greenery, and smell the fresh air.

He sincerely forgives him and he wants Raven to forgive himself too. He wanted him to prioritize the most important things in his life instead of facing critics and negativity around him.

Raven got it. Seven did move on and he can feel that he will not be the one who will make him happy. He tried to hide the pain he is in with a courageous smile. He asks for a last hug and Seven grant. After they part ways.

Inside his car, he let out the tears he's been hiding a while ago. He doesn't believe that the most important person in his life was happy with someone else. He wanted to steal him but he knows Seven will never be happy with him if he did that.

From what he saw on his face, Seven was feel contented and free from the heartache he caused him. Now he will live miserably because of his stupidity. If he trusted Seven, they will not be ended far from each other. He regrets everything and he will live like that.