Maybe This Time 1

Chapter 1

Regrets really at the end but it's for the best. Giving false hope is worst than saying the truth. Doing the right thing is better than doing nothing.

But did I do the right thing? Because why am I hurting right now? Why am I afraid? Why am I selfish? Why is it that it's already too late? Why did I fall too late?

College days

'Welcome freshmen'

That's the signage that welcomes all the new college students. Dale was one of them. He is a simple guy in a middle-class family who had strict parents, a bakeshop business, an achiever not by will, and a troublemaker.

He is taking a nursing course. He wanted to become a doctor and take up a nursing course he thinks is the best way to prepare for medicine.

After a month, he got new friends. Well, they are four of them in class that are boys that's why they become close. They are Jaycee, Art, and Gray.

Aside from their good looks and chic magnet, they are also brainy guys but sometimes a troublemaker. There is this one time that they try to steal a copy for their exam and they are caught before they can get it.

They are punished with expulsion but that was settled. Dale's parents were the most rage of all and they transfer him to the other course they wanted. He wanted to disagree but he don't want his parent's rage would explode more.

He knows where his parents rage come from. He wanted to blame his eldest sister for being pregnant in her teens but he can't. He knows his sister was also pressured by their parent's demands. Now he needs to do something to prove to his parents that he would never be like what his sister did.

He was transferred to the computer engineer course as what his dad wanted and he had no choice. There he meets Seven. He is a silent type of guy in a dorky glass. In other words, he's a nerd but he doesn't mind. Seven is a big help to him specially to their course.

Sometimes he bullied him but Seven was immune to it and he never mind whenever he was bullied.

Seven, when you look at him, he was like a weakling and easy to bully but looks can be deceiving. No one dares to bully him because his a mixed martial art athlete. Only a few people know him as a silver medallist in last year's SEA Games.

Dale and Seven become best friends. Also, Dale introduces him to his other friends, the 'nursing' friends, and Seven becomes one of them.

As time passed, the four boys (except for Seven who were already serious in their studies from the beginning) slowly became new people. They become serious with their studies. Especially when one of their friend, Jaycee, fall in love at first sight with a guy in a business management department.

They knew it when there is one time that he prank a girl, and he didn't even have any concern if that girl would hurt or not. So they confront him about why did he do that kind of prank.

Because of Jaycee's drunkenness, he confesses it to them. He was jealous whenever some girls try to get Lay's attention. Lay treats Jaycee as an archenemy, and Jaycee doesn't want that. He was blaming those girls that Lay courted on why Lay was mad at him.

Dale thinks that his friend is that serious. He had never seen Jaycee like this before. He would do everything in his power so that Lay would like him.

While Dale was focusing on helping his friend, he never notice that there is someone who was slowly falling for him.

It's raining that one night and they celebrate passing their final exams. They are chillin' on Seven's house. After finishing 2 bottles of rum and 1 case of beer, one by one are slowly drifting to sleep. Three of them left to drink the last bottle of beer but Jaycee excuse himself because the love of his was arriving to fetch him.

Dale knows that Jaycee drunk texts Lay so that he will fetch him. It's one of his tricks to sleep on Lay's house. He's madly in love with him.

Dale felt dizzy already and Seven help him and walk him to his room. Because he felt exhausted and drunk, he didn't know what happens next.

The next morning, he didn't expect what he see. He and Seven are both naked under the sheets. He left without a word.

Their internship came but both of them didn't talk that much. Seven can feel that whenever their friends are there, he just being civil to him.

Then he confronted him. Seven told him all but as expected, he didn't get the right words. Dale has already forgotten everything. He wanted them to start new, like best friends. He clarified that he cannot reciprocate what Seven feel for him, so he wanted him to stay as his best friend. That's the only thing he can give.

Seven were hurt. So he decided to do something that will be good for both of them. He tells him that after their graduation, Seven would go back to his hometown. He will not talk to him for a while. He wants to distance himself so that he will not expect any from him and Dale respects his decision.

He doesn't want to hurt Seven's feelings but that's the only thing to help him move on. It's against his will also because Seven has become his daily routine. He was a big help to him for the past five years of being friends.

Love can destroy one's friendship. Especially if it is a one-way round. He hope that someday, he and Seven would be back as friends again. He prays that Seven will find someone that fits him and reciprocate his love.

But something unexpected happens and he can't stop it.