Chapter 43

Six months! They thought they needed to talk and explain but they did nothing, silence covered it up for them instead. It was just them quietly listening to their old cries and stories they stored up for each other. Nothing mattered, togetherness was good enough, nothing in between them anymore.

Sitting on the bench, holding hands, two lovers were watching snow falling from the sky. Jimin was resting his head on his lover's shoulder, breathing heavily, trying to feel Jungkook's warmth as much as possible.

"Jungkook-ah."

"Hmm."

"Do you fancy some coffee?"

"Ummm, yes but not more than you."

"Then, let's go upstairs. Besides, I am freezing."

"Okay, let's go home."

Home. Yes, Jungkook had returned to his home – to Jimin, after a long time. It was still a question why Jimin hadn't bother to move from his old apartment, he could easily afford to buy a house, but he stayed here. Maybe, he waited for his lost lover to come back home. Hope did not die then. He, with a slightest hope of Jungkook's return, was living in that same place.

They went upstairs. Jungkook took a look around, it was still the same. Jimin's neat and clean adobe. Jungkook remembered to put off his shoe outside before he entered in.

"I thought you would move to LA." Jungkook asked as he traced Jimin to the kitchen.

"No, I didn't." Jimin answered while he took out mugs from his cabinet.

"Black coffee or white?"

"White." Jungkook took a pause before he continued, "Jimin, tell me, are you mad at me?"

"No, Jungkook. I am happy you are here."

"I am sorry. That day......."

"Let's never talk about that day."

"But.."

"No."

"Fine."

If Jimin didn't want to bring back all the bitterness of the past, then neither did Jungkook want to push Jimin to edge again. That day he had been rude to his love, Jungkook said things he didn't mean and had been regretting for the last couple of months.

"Here is your coffee." Jimin handed over the hot coffee he just made for him.

"Won't you drink with me?"

"Yes, joining you in a bit. I will make you a sandwich first."

"Okay, I will wait here then. Beside you." Jungkook smiled.

"Jungkook-ah, go and seat somewhere comfy, I am coming in a minute."

But Jungkook did not listen, he smiled before taking a sip and then he offered Jimin to take a sip from his cup too. Jimin's oblivious stares said how hurt he had been yet he drank a little from Jungkook's cup while the younger holding it for him. Jungkook stayed by Jimin watching him working like a professional chef and kept feeding his little chef as he made two delicate sandwiches.

There was something off putting at the moment. They were having coffee and eating the sandwiches Jimin made, sitting side by side in the couch. Yet they felt an existence of awkwardness in the room. Jungkook looked at him,

"How have you been?"

"Okay." Jimin smiled a little, "You?"

"Not okay."

"Why?"

"Tell me a thing." The younger ignored the question and turned to Jimin, "Why didn't you come looking for me?"