Chapter 3 Dinner Ditch

I walked into the restaurant looking for Cayden. "Ave! Over here!"

I waved at him, walking to the clank of my boots. Cayden wore his police outfit under a similar black leather jacket I had. Cayden started his training to become a police officer his senor year of high school and continued it through college. Cayden would go on real missions with his commanding officers sometimes to understand the risks. "Just get off of work?" I sat down on the chair he held out for me.

"Sort of. I wish I could have cleaned up a bit more before I met up with you."

"No no. There's no need. You still look handsome."

"Not as handsome as you look beautiful." he sat down, "That sounded a lot better in my head."

I giggled, "I understand the point you were making."

"Any idea what you are going to get?"

I opened the menu, "I'm not sure yet. What about you?"

"I-" before he could finish, his phone rang. "Oh. S-sorry about that."

"You should take that." I nodded for approval.

He smiled, "Thanks." He gets up and walks to the side.

Cayden walks back to me, "I'm super sorry but I have to go."

"Is everything alright?"

"My commanding officer called me saying that they might have a lead on an illegal drug dealer that's been trading samples and leaving without a trace. I'm sorry about this! I really am!"

"No, I understand. Your job is important and you're saving peoples lives everyday. We can always go out to dinner another time."

"Thanks!" he kissed my forehead, "I promise I'll make it up to you."

He left me to myself at the restaurant so I decided to get up and leave. I tipped the waiter and apologized. I hope Cayden is safe.