Chapter 33 He Loves You, You Know

Peter Parker -

"That's why I like pancakes." Wade explained. I chuckled when I heard a bunch of screaming coming from the streets.

"You hear that?"

"Trouble." Wade put on his mask as I swung ahead of him. A young girl with a beautiful chocolate hue to her hair was falling from a building. Holy shi-

"I got this Wade!" I swing just in time to catch the girl and land perfectly. "You alright –"

"Thanks Peter."

"G-gracie?!" I rushed my arms around her into a hug. Sooner than later, Wade came running.

"Nice catch buddy." he patted me on the back.

"Thanks! You were a little late though." We laughed together.

"Ummm Hey Wade..." Wade's face turned from my direction to hers.

"G-g-g-g-g-g...." he was in shock.

"It's me." She smiled.

"G-g-g-g-g-g...." he didn't even finish his sentence before he fell on the ground.

"You can say my name, you know?" She scratched the back of her neck.

"Pool?" I looked at him as he was frozen on the ground. "Dude, wake up." I wave my hand across his face. I gave up and just picked him up. "Come one Gigi." I put Wade over my shoulders and carried him towards his neighborhood.

"I'll see you up there."

"You're not coming? Pool might want to talk with you." I smirked under the mask.

"You don't think I want to talk to him either? Dude I'm terrified he hasn't seen me in seven years."

"Don't be." I lifted my mask a bit so she can see that I was smiling. "He'll be happy to see you again and even..." I raise my eyebrows a couple of times to mess with her.

"Fine!" She made a field and rode up on that.

I pulled out my webs and swung across the time with Gracie close behind me. "This is the house." I landed.

"What house?"

"There. The beautiful gray house with a green garden. Wade told me that this was the house he wanted to spend his life with you in."

"You are not going to get me to cry Peter." Gracie looked at me angry.

"I wasn't trying too but I wanted to tell you how much he missed you and cared about you to wait every day on the rooftop to watch you walk down the street." I walked into the gate and towards the house. " He would tell me stories about you guys. Some I bet he made up but he was grieving so I didn't mind. One day after a fatal accident, he looked up into the sky and started talking about you and imagined how you would come back. He imagined you in a beautiful white dress with butterflies running across the fabric. Wade saw you running down the street and into his arms so he could carry you to your new home. He has never walked in the house, not once." I placed Wade on the grass. I lifted my mask and then slowly lifted Wade's mask. His face had many more scares from before I met him. "He's not the same without you. He's been cocky with his work as well as reckless. I wasn't sure but I think a couple of times he was trying too..." I faded away. "He didn't like being apart from you."

I lifted his head in a comfortable position. "I would remember him writing something on a piece of paper to be happy and move on." I pulled out the paper from his pocket and handed it towards Gracie.

"He... He remembered." she choked.

"Seven years he's been writing that over and over on that same paper. When a mission was done, he stopped to write it down." I sat criss-crossed on the grass next to Wade as Gracie knelt down. "One time, he was talking with Sam and I, asking about advice on how to be happy. He would act like he was happy and do good deeds. He would even leave his swords at home in the backyard so he didn't kill people. Gracie." she looked up from the paper. "Everything he was doing, he did for you. He moved on like you told him to but didn't move on from you." I chuckled. "He stated that you weren't specific enough on making that promise."

"P-Peter?" Wade's voice spoke. "I had a crazy dream. I saw Gracie! She was just as beautiful from the day I laid my eyes on her. It was a little different from the times I had imagined her but-" he turned to see Gracie looking up from the paper and into Wade's blue eyes. I smiled. Wade had been waiting so long for this moment and it's here! It's finally here! Let's hope all goes well.

"G-Gracie?" Wade blinked.

"Wade..."

"H-h-how do I know this isn't a trick?!" he crawled back scared with fear.

"Wade." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Don't be scared. It's her." I nodded with a smile.

"I missed you wade, I just came back... and I came right to see you..." Gracie looked at him crying.

"Gracie." his eyes were softened as he crawled back towards her. "I-I don't know what to say." he chuckled with tears welling up in his eyes.

"Don't tell me you got a new girlfriend or something?"

"I never did." he looked down. "I tried a dating website with the help of Peter and Sam but it didn't work out."

"Good." Gracie smiled and jumped on to him giving him a big hug.

"I MISSED YOU GRACIE!" he yelled, hugging her back.

"The feelings are mutual." She looked at him and lifted up his mask and kissed him. I couldn't help but smile. I grabbed my mask and stood up.

"Wade." I nodded my head. "Looks like things are finally coming true."

"Thanks Spidey." I nodded once more and swung off.