6 - Siege Perilous

At the pawnshop, Callie, Belle, Adam and Kerr was in the front of the shop, looking at the rose in the glass and Callie watched as the petals fell, "Calliope, you're not listening to me," Adam said as Emma, Katy, David and Arthur walked in.

"How's papa doing?" Katy asked.

"Not well," Callie said and Katy sighed.

"I'm sorry," Emma said.

"Yeah. But I...I found a healing spell in one of his old notebooks, and I've got everything put together except for one last ingredient. I, uh, I need an object that touched him when he was still a man before he became the Dark One," Callie said.

"You must have something," David said.

"Well, nothing I can find. Still more to look through, though," Callie said.

"You want us to get some help?" Emma asked.

"No. I'm the only one who knows this place, knows his things, and I need to keep doing something," Callie said as she looked at them.

"Well, then we'll make this quick. Has anyone come in to pawn anything today?" David asked.

"Especially a magic bean," Arthur said.

"A bean? No. No one's come in. Sorry," Kerr said as he shook his head.

"Ah, it was worth a shot. That's alright. You have something else I need," David picked up a silver chalice, "May we borrow this?" David asked.

"Uh, yeah," Callie said.

"Good," David looked at the chalice, "This is gonna point us right at our culprit," David said.

"What is it?" Arthur asked.

"It's not magic, though. It's just a souvenir from Doc's birthday party. It says 'Doctoberfest' on it," Belle said.

"I'm very well aware. Don't worry. I know what I'm doing," David said.

"Take Adam and Kerr with you... If you need magic, I can no longer help," David looked at Callie, "Whatever happened to me in Camelot, I lost my magic and Adam's has doubled," Callie said.

"You okay?" Katy asked.

"I'm fine. Just take them with you, they're giving me a headache," Callie said.

"Calliope!" Adam said.

"Adam, just help David and Emma, okay?" Callie said and he sighed before nodding.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

At the Camelot campsite, Emma and Katy stood with Arthur and David as Adam and Kerr stood off to the side while all the residents of the Camelot campsite stood opposite them. David held up the chalice, "Attention, subjects of Camelot! In my hand, you see the Chalice of Vengeance. There's been a theft in your encampment... The chalice will tell me which among you is the thief. So, line up for your chance to drink from the sacred cup," David said.