18 - Broken Hearts

Flashback: Camelot - Three Weeks Ago...

In the woods, Killian and Elaine were kissing passionately, holding each other close as Elaine reluctantly pulled away, "Alright," She chuckled softly, "Enough distraction," Elaine said.

"I like distractions," Killian said with a smirk.

"Yeah, I know-," Elaine began to say then Killian kissed her again then she pulled away, "I mean it... We need to get back to the others... I'm going to go find our path," Elaine said.

"And I'll go replenish our water supply," Killian said.

"Okay," Elaine said and kissed his cheek.

The two of them walked away in opposite directions when suddenly Killian heard eerie whispering, "Oh, what the hell is that noise?" Killian said.

"That's the sound of the dagger signing to the sing. And if you can hear it, that means Excalibur and the dagger are quite close," The Darkness said in the form of Rumpelstiltskin.

"No, it's impossible. Elaine said it disappeared," Killian said.

"Wake up, dearie! Your lover's lying. She has the sword," The Darkness said.

"Why would she lie to me?" Killian asked.

"So, she can control you. Not that she needs Excalibur. She's quite good at doing that all on her," The Darkness said.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Killian asked.

Elaine walked up, "You! Get out of here!" Elaine said as she looked at the Darkness.

"Oh, we were just talking about you. Why don't you ask her yourself?" The Darkness said.

"Ask me what?" Elaine looked at Killian, "Killian, honey, what's going on?" Elaine asked as she placed her hand on his arm.

Killian looked at her, "Do you know where Excalibur is?" Killian asked her as the series of whispering continued.

"Killian. Rumpel is manipulating you. That's what it does," Elaine said.

Killian was breathing heavily as Elaine watched him, "Are you lying to me? I can hear it calling to the dagger, Elaine. Do you have Excalibur?" Killian said.

"I do," Elaine said as she made the sword appear in her hand.

"Did you use it on me?" Killian asked.

"What? No, of course not. I would never..." Elaine said.

"Then why not tell me the truth? Are you afraid I was gonna ask for it? You never planned on giving it to me, did you?" Killian said.

"I did it to protect you. You told me yourself you were not strong enough to resist the darkness and I guess... Putting myself in the line of danger for you it's just in my genes," Elaine said.

"Which is why I begged you not to turn me into a Dark One in the first place! But you went and did it anyway," Killian said.