13 - Nimue

Late at night, at Elaine's house, she was in the basement as she held the dagger and Excalibur in either hand, she placed the dagger on the Stone of Destiny and looked at Excalibur as the Darkness appeared as Rumpelstiltskin while the transparent doppelgangers stood out of sight of the Darkness while they all had their eyes on Elaine with the two broken blades.

The Darkness giggled, "Beautiful, aren't they?" Elaine looked at him, "Both halves finally reunited. You know what they represent, now, don't you?" The Darkness said.

"Power," Elaine said.

"It's much more than power, dearie. It's history. Excalibur's power was born aeons ago. And now it's time for that promise... To be fulfilled," The Darkness said.

"Grandmother," Esme hummed quietly, "What do we do?" Emily whispered to the original.

"I'm working on it... I hope," Emse whispered and the three transparent doppelgangers faded into the air.

Flashback: Village - 1000 Years Before the Age of Arthur

A small dark-haired girl was running around her village laughing as she was being chased, "Morgana! That's unfair, you got a headstart!" A young boy called out as he chased after her, both of them dodging the adults who chuckled at the two children.

"Catch me if you can, Merlin!" Morgana said and laughed.

"I always do!" Merlin said.

"Because you cheat!" Morgana laughed, "Ah!" Morgana screamed and fell, rolling down a hill.

"Whoa!" Merlin yelled and fell down, rolling after her.

"Ouch," Morgana sat up a little dizzy and tried to get her bearings again.

"Watch out!" Merlin yelled.

Morgana turned around and her eyes widened as Merlin rolled into Morgana and they fell to the ground and groaned before laughing, "Sorry," Morgana and Merlin looked at each other and chuckled, "It's okay," They both said in unison twice.

Morgana sat up and looked at him, "We'll always be together, right? Forever?" Morgana asked with a smile.

"Promise," Merlin said with a smile as he sat up and they hugged each other.

20 Years Later...

Two men and a woman were running down a desert together in the blazing heat, one of the men was Merlin and the woman Morgana all grown up, "They following?!" The other man asked.

"No. They wouldn't trail escaped generals into this, much less foot soldiers," Merlin said.

The other man groaned as he dropped to the floor, Merlin fell to the floor as Morgana sat down, she was breathing heavily and she saw something and the sun glittered off something in the distance, "Look, look!" Morgana said as she pointed forward.

"There it is again," Merlin said as he saw what she had.

"It's a mirage, Merlin, Morgana. There's no water there," The man said.