17 - Broken Hearts

Inside Elaine's house, Elaine was still frozen from the squid ink as Killian and Zelena stood opposite her, "Get on with it, Captain. That squid ink's going to wear off soon," Zelena said.

"Killian, please," Killian walked to her, "What are you doing?" Elaine asked.

"You took my memories, Elaine. You tried to stop me from knowing the truth and now I'm going to return the favour," Killian said.

Zelena laughed and looked at Elaine, "By the look on your face, it would appear someone needs restraining," Zelena put the magic blocking cuff on Elaine's wrist, "There. No more magic for you," Zelena turned to Killian, "Now, I assume, given my helpfulness, you'll allow me to go about my business undeterred," Zelena said.

"As long as you don't get in my way, I won't get in yours," Killian said.

"Ah. I think this new you. Tell me, how does it feel to be a Dark One?" Zelena asked.

"It feels like I've been reborn," Killian said.

Flashback: Camelot - Three Weeks Ago...

Killian found himself in a dark room when suddenly he was engulfed by the darkness and screamed.

The darkness made him remember his darkest memories. He remembered when Esme was shot with an arrow, protecting him from her husband and enacting their curse. He remembered Rumpelstiltskin ripping out Milah's heart and crushing it then Rumpelstiltskin cutting off his left hand. Then he remembered Emily tied to a stake as he was forced to watch her burn when she refused to give his name to her father. He remembered when Eleanor passed away in her sleep in their cottage due to her illness. He remembered when Mr Gold had him bound to the gate of the sorcerer's mansion and Mr Gold ripped out his heart and he was unable to save Elaine, who was at risk of losing her life by being sucked into the sorcerer's hat. Then he remembered Mr Gold trying to crush Killian's heart in the clock tower but was stopped. Then, lastly, he remembered Elaine merging Excalibur and the Dark One Dagger with the plan to sacrifice herself to end their curse.

As he emerged from the vault, someone was waiting for him when he got out, his visions were blurry and when he focused he saw the Darkness, representing Rumpelstiltskin, the Darkness waved, "Hi," The Darkness said.