XI

« TELL ME »

AUTHOR

younghoon and seohyun hung out aufter school again, making their ways over to the house while her brother walked with them.

yeosang was completely unbothered.

the tallest proceeded to blabber nonsense into the air, seohyun not even focusing one bit on what he had said.

when they reached the front porch, seohyuns keys jingled a broken melody, opening the door and leading them inside.

"i'm heading into my room, i'm tired," yeosang yawned and went upstairs, the door releasing a click when it closed.

seohyun sighed, going back up into her room.

younghoon stood still, not knowing whether to follow her or not.

she turned around, her eyelids droopy. "you wanna find out or not?"

the male pursed his lips, nodding and running after her.

she sat by her pc again, turning it on and seeing the monitor light up, startling her slightly.

"uhm.." he waited, impatiently.

"you wanna know the truth so badly?"

"i.." he couldn't form a proper sentence, unable to think of what to say.

"i'll leave it to kevin.. he knows best.." she spoke, "not that i don't know... i just can't find the words to explain it to you, younghoon."

"so, you're telling me i came here for nothing?" a defeated sigh left his lips.

"you're here for company?" she turned her chair to face him, giving him a small awkward smile after realizing what she said.

"tch," younghoon sounded, "company? do you actually appreciate it now?"

seohyun gave it some thought.

before answering,

"yes."

____

younghoon closed the front door as he entered the dorms, seeing kevin reading his book on the couch again while hyunjae and eric are busy making noise while playing video games beside him.

"kev," he called.

the male looked up at him, deciding to take off his glasses and swiping his hair back as some strands had gotten in the way.

"let me guess," kevin gave him a knowing look, "her?"

hyunjae and eric paused, their heads turning towards kevin, then towards younghoon and at each other.

he nodded.

kevin gave him a gesture to follow him, taking him into his shared bedroom where sunwoo was carelessly snoring away.

as it bothered them, kevin hesitated less to not at all before throwing one of his pillows at the slacking boy.

sunwoo jumped up in surprise, bumping his hooded head against the headboard of his bed and wincing in pain.

"snore quieter, dumbfuck." he rolled his eyes and turned to younghoon, telling him to sit at sunwoos desk.

"yaaaAAAAAAAHH" he yelled, "you ruined my perfectly good sleep, i was dreaming of being a rock, way more peaceful than sharing a room with you."

"whatever, just shut up you half-assed raccoon and let me explain something to younghoon."

kevin averted his gaze to his elder.

"s-"

"kevin i saw your-"

"oh my gOOOOOOD"

____

"seohyun has been like that since, probably their parents abandoned both yeosang and seohyun, must've been middle school,"

"she uses it as a get away from reality, she didn't have a peaceful childhood as yeosang basically raised her, their parents were always drunk, doing whatever and barely caring about their own children,"

younghoon felt a slight pain in his heart. he made seohyun feel worse than she already has.

"seohyun let's that child-like behavior sink in whenever she seeks comfort, since she hasn't gotten it from any of her parents whatsoever."

"the only one who actually cared about her, was yeosang."

the elder sighed, reality started to hit him. a slight hiss escaped his lips when he composed himself.

"why'd you want to know?" kevin bit his lip, "do you like her?"

how often have i been asked.

that's what younghoon thought. however, he still couldn't give an answer.

when he tries to open his mouth, nothing comes out.

"nothing's wrong if you do, there's just one thing i want you to know if you come together."

curious, younghoon looked at kevin.

"treat her like she's actually worth something, comfort her when she needs it, hurt her and i'll make your life a living hell."