XII

« SECOND CHANCE »

AUTHOR

seohyun walked to school, her eyes were droopy, dark circles surrounded her eye bags as she went all by herself.

yeosang had caught a cold, that's what he gets after she warned him to wear something warm as it was not a pleasing weather outside.

a heavy groan escaped her lips when she bumped shoulders with someone, falling to the pebbled floor where she scratched open the skin on her palms

for a long time, she just stared at her hand. the blood couldn't stop leaking. many things were running through her mind.

her thoughts were interrupted when the person cleared their throat, holding a hand out.

she looked up, meeting a pretty dressed, feminine boy before her. wow, he could even dress up well with a uniform on.

"come on," he bubbled, his fingers wiggling.

she grabbed his hand and he helped her up.

"your hand looks awful, come with me." he insisted, dragging the poor confused girl with him until they were at the yard.

the boy took something out of his backpack, a hello kitty bandaid and some tissues.

he wiped the blood off of her hand, making sure to get the dried off ones as well and put the bandaid on her.

"who are you?" she asked.

his dark blue hair, almost black went out of the way when she saw his face, scanning it carefully.

doe eyes, round nose, a unique cupids bow.

"chanhee," he smiled. "choi chanhee. section 3, class 4."

realization hit her.

"you.. aren't you one of younghoons.. roommates?" her lips quivered slightly, mentioning his name wasn't easy.

"mh, yeah. has he told?"

she nodded. "i'm kang seohyun, sister to kang yeosang."

"you know," he sits down comfortably, "he talks about you nonstop with kevin, changmin or even sunwoo. you're close to them, aren't you?"

"yeah, surprisingly." she chuckled.

"how late is it? i don't wanna miss classes."

"pfft, is physics really that important to you?" chanhee snorted, "it's not like it'll get you anywhere in life."

"i know, but changmin, younghoon, sunwoo and i share a class. min and woo must be worried."

"what about mr. bread lover?"

"eh?"

"younghoon. what about him?"

"i.." she paused, "i don't know.."

___

looking like she had seen a ghost, seohyun entered her classroom, sitting next to sunwoo.

"now's our last minute sitting next to each other, how do you feel?"

"hm, hope to sit next to changmin.."

"it's peaceful sitting next to you, i would like changmin too. the other boys as well as girls are just jerks and bitches, no misogyny intended."

"understand.. they swoon.. all the darn time."

___

thankfully, seohyun got seated next to the person she had hoped for, changmin.

the teacher had then announced a school trip, yay. fun. isn't it?

seohyun groaned, banging her head on the table, looking outside the window and her eyes threatening to close.

she kept trying to keep her eyes open, no matter how hard she tried, they just wanted to close.

and eventually, they did.

she went off into dreamland.

relaxing in her slumber.

___

seohyun woke up, no one was in the classroom besides younghoon.

she frowned, sunwoo and changmin had left her all by herself in the classrom with some dimwit.

a yawn escaped her mouth as she stretched, leaning her head against her arms again, about to fall asleep.

yet, she heard footsteps, to which she assumed were from younghoon.

her assumptions were right. it was him.

she looked up at him, her eyebrows knitted together when the light hit her eyes.

"what?"

"i ask for a second chance, this is the only time i'll be able to ask for this. so please, i know the truth now."

ugh, the first thing i wake up to is some idiot asking for forgiveness, great.

"let me give it some thought," she paused, "fine."

younghoon was stunned.

he didn't think her answer would come out so quickly so he prepared to go back to his seat.

"but just so you know," her eyes gave warnings, "a second chance doesn't mean a stronger bond, it just means that you have my forgiveness."

"well then," the male smirked, "i'll have to build up this bond between us then, isn't that a good idea, darlin'?"

seohyun grunted and slammed her head against the table again.

when will my suffering end?