XIII

« MAKE-BELIEVE »

AUTHOR

lunch break crept by, seohyun saw chanhee in the cafeteria, frowning slightly when she saw him all by himself at a table.

without another thought, she decides to sit by him, seeing him playing with the chopsticks in his hand.

he looked up, smiling when he saw her.

"what brings you here?"

"nothing," she sighed, "you seemed alone, so i decided to accompany you! is it bad?"

chanhee shook his head. "i appreciate it, no worries."

seohyun nodded. "could you tell me more about younghoon himself? how he's actually like?"

the boy smiled. "sure thing, his in and outside school personalities have their major differences."

"he's the sweetest guy you'll ever meet when he's at home, calm, well most of the time, and quite helpful around too." he explains.

"he even helped an old lady cross the stteets, isn't that amazing?" chanhee chuckles.

"maybe.. he's not so bad after all," seohyun glanced at the male standing meters behind chanhee, flirting again.
"maybe, i'm just too harsh on him.."

she stared at her lap, fiddling with her fingers and looking back, younghoon grabbing the girls chin.

a slight pain in her chest arised when she even gave it the thought.

"moving on from this, have you been okay?" chanhee worriedly looks at the girl, "i heard a lot from kevin, sunwoo and changmin. i just wanted to know if you're actually okay."

seohyun looked at him, a small smile lifting. "i'm fine.." she told him, "are they that worried about me?"

"mhm," he stuffs rice into his mouth, "especially changmin, he's very concerned."

"why?"

"don't know, maybe he likes you." he chuckles, "but even if you say you're okay, don't make this a game of make-believe, seohyun."

she looked at him, then at the bandaid in her hand. a laugh exhaled from her chest as she looked at it again.

he tilted his head, slightly concerned as to why she suddenly had the urge to bust out laughing after he told her something genuine.

"do you always go around carrying hello kitty bandaids?" she laughs.

"is there something wrong with that?" he retorted.

"no, it's cute." her finger traced along the edges of her bandaid, still smiling as she looked at chanhee afterwards.

"you look like a model, mind if i take pictures of you?" the girl suddenly blurted out. "sorry if that came out weird.."

"no worries! i'd love to," chanhee pulled out his phone, fixing his bangs before going to out away his tray.

"how about... the auditorium? barely anyone goes there." he suggested.