Chapter 25

"You both will have a week and a half of detention," principle Hanley said. Elizabeth and I were in front of his desk and not only was Elizabeth giving off steam, but I was also. I wanted to just finish what we were doing in the cafe and ruin that pretty little face of hers!

"Since both of you haven't gotten in trouble so far this year, I'll give you both a break. Sarah, I see that you're not the girl to get detentions really and Elizabeth, the only detentions you have ever gotten were because of a few missing homework assignments from the last couple of years. I wont call your parents, but if you two ever cause something like you just did, I won't hesitate to call them and suspend the both of you for three days. Do you both understand?" He asked and we nodded and said 'yes sir'. "What were you two fighting about anyways?"

"Nothing," I said, at the same time she said, "She stole someone from me."

I looked at her in shock, though I was more pissed off than anything, "Stole him? Its hard to steal someone away from you if he wasn't yours to begin with. Try again bitch."

She scowled at me, "You knew I wanted Anthony!" she hissed.

"He was my best friend!"

"Yes and I thought you were my friend too!"

Before I could yell back, principle Hanley spoke, "Ladies, stop! You were really fighting because of a boy?"

I ignored him, "You slept with Quintin five seconds after I broke up with him and he tried forcing me to do something I rejected-literally! Nice of you to follow girl code."

She snorted, "That code ends when your friend is a lying backstabber!"

"Backstabber? What about you? What about Jamie Rolland last year, I had a huge crush on him last year, you supported me, or so I thought until you pulled him in for a kiss right in front of me. You knew I had feelings for him and you still did that!"

She rolled her eyes, "Oh get over it! He wasn't a good kisser anyways."

"Ladies!" Principle Hanley yelled, smacking the desk. He rose from his chair, "Look, I really don't want to suspend two girls because of teenage boys! You should t let boys come in between your friendship."

I snorted, "She's hardly my friend," I muttered.

Elizabeth just rolled her eyes at his comment.

Principle Hanley sighed heavily, "Look, you two just go get to class." He said as he started filling out our hallway passes. "I mean it, you both go to class. I don't want you two around each other at school until you two can be around each other without fighting. I don't want to see you back here unless it's for something else. Understand?"

No one said anything.

"I said do you two understand?!?" He said, speaking full of authority.

We both quickly nodded, "Yes."

We stepped out of the office and before she went her separate way, she said "Slut."

"Trailer trash." I retorted back before smiling to myself as I was walking away, not missing the satisfying gasp coming from her.

So Fairfield High has two different detention rooms. One was next to the gym and the other was near the entrance of the school. It was a normal size, like a teachers room but only tables and a desk filled the room.

I just got into the room and I was happy to add that principle Hanley has separated Elizabeth and myself. I sat down near the back and I was happy to find that only two freshman guys were in here, sitting in the front, completely ignoring me like I wanted.