Chapter 14

"Why are we out here?" I asked when Joe drags us out in the woods a few minutes away from the lake house.

He turned to me and gave me a serious look, "Remember when I asked you about the two wolves?"

I nodded, confused as hell, "Yeah."

"Well, what if I told you that they were close to you?" he said. I am so completely clueless on what is going on here, its not even funny.

"What do you mean? I dont hear anything." I said, looking around and listened. "And if those wolves are around, we should really get out of here."

He chuckled and shook his head, "No, not what I meant. I meant, they are really close to you as in they are family almost."

I chuckled and patted his shoulder, "Joe, I am not trying to be mean and I only say this because I love you, but I think that you should seek help because you are going a little nuts."

He chuckled more, "Im not crazy, Sarah. But I sure wish I were," he said, stepping back and patted Anthony's back. "Sarah, Anthony has to tell you something, dont you son?"

Anthony had this worry look on his fae when he nodded, "Yeah, Me and my father are... we are both kind of... we are both Lycans." he said quickly.

I waited for him to start laughing and say he was 'joking', but I just stood there, looking at them to see if they had 'kidding' on their faces so we could all just go back to the lake house laughing our butts off. But they just looked back at me, I started laughing.

They have gone completely nuts!

I knew that Anthony was a lot of things, but crazy? Hmm, maybe all those steriods finally did something wrong to his brain cells and he is getting a little bit to delusional. Maybe I should suggest both of them to go into an insitution.

I waved my finger at them, "You both are very funny. Now, can I get a ride back home-"

"Should we show you then?" Joe suggested.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Okay, lets say that you were. Wolves are dangerous and I like my head attatched to my body. Even, can't you only change on a full moon?" I asked chuckling.

"Well, first normal wolves are dangerous, we are Lycans. We have control of ourselves." he said, "And no, we can shift any time we please."

I breathed out my nose heavily from the boredom, "Okay 'shift' " I said, making air quotes around shift. I am really starting to question their sanity.

Joe shrugged, "Okay," he said, his hands going to his pants and my eyes widened. He is actually going to strip naked in the woods?!? What a weirdo! He turned around and went behind a tree.

My eyebrows shot up, "Joe?"

Suddenly, a huge black wold stepped away from the tree, looking at me. My eyes widened and I squealed so loud, it hurt my ears. Claire held her arm around my shaking shoulders. My body was in fear and I really wanted to run like hell!

The wolf stepped forward and I made a 'yeap' sound, stepping back.

"Honey, its okay." Claire said, "Its Joe, he isnt going to hurt you."

"Dont hurt me!" I yelled, pointing at the big black fur dog. "There is a wolf right there and you arent freaking out? He must have done something to Joe and we are next!"

I could feel my heart beating quickly as the big wolf stepped closer. I couldnt move my eyes from it and the next thing I knew, I passed out. The last thing I heard was Claire and Anthony crying out my name.