Chapter 5

After one last class and school was finally over, I walked over to my locker and packed all the stuff I will need tonight for homework.

After the whole thing with Anthony at lunch, nothing but awkward silence was there and what makes it worse is, Anthony was practically watching me most of the time like a freaking watch dog or something! What the hell is up with him? He is acting so weird.

I closed my locker and saw Anthony leaning against the locker next to mine.

I jumped and my hand flew to my chest, "Jesus, what is up with people scaring me when I close my locker?" I asked myself.

He chuckled, "Sorry about that." he said, leaning up from the locker. "Ready?"

My eyebrows forward together, "Ready for what?"

"To go home? Where else?" he asked.

A girl with brown hair and blonde highlights named Jenny that I have a few classes with walked by and flirtatiously smiled at Anthony and as she walked past, "Hey Anthony."

Anthony nodded once, "Hey."

Feeling jealous, I made my way towards the stairs, but made sure my shoulder had bumped into his. Anthony chuckled behind his closed mouth and caught up with me.

"Jealous?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes, "Hardy. Don't get such a big head," I said as I walked down the staircase with him following behind.

He smirked, "Whatever you say, Sarah. So about Friday."

"What?" I asked, arching an eyebrow. "Are you going to tell me now you change your mind about going with me and Quintin? Cause if you are, I completely understand."

He snorted, "No, I was going to ask if we are going to he a funnel cake and share like we always do."

I frowned, "Oh. Ummm, sure. I guess"

Why can't I just let the words 'I'm not going with you!' out of my mouth? Sure, I love that he wants to go this year with me, but Quintin already asked me for God Sake! How am I going to explain this to Quintin? Maybe I won't tell him...

No, that'll be messed up of me not to do. I sighed to myself, feeling a headache coming on.

"You okay?" Anthony asked when we walked out of school and over to the parking lot.

I nodded and looked at the ground, "Yeah." but my voice have it away, I was a little sad.

Anthony is my friend but is it wrong of me to choose a guy I had just started talking to over the summer over him, someone I had been friends with ever since I was 6.

Suddenly, Anthony dropped his book bag and before u could stop him, he threw me over his shoulder and spun me around in a circle. As he preformed this task my book bad and purse fell off of my shoulder.

"Anthony! I yelled in shock, but I started giggling. "What are you doing? Ow." I said as I continued to giggle, but I had to readjust myself into his shoulder since my stomach was lying uncomfortably on his shoulder.

"Tell me why you're upset." Anthony said, stopping. I looked around and felt my cheeks heat up as I realized people were watching.

"Put me down," I told him. "People are watching."

I felt him shrug, "I don't care. Let them watch."

"But Anthony-"

"Tell me why," he said. "And maybe I will put you down."

"Maybe?" I said in disbelief. "No maybe, but you will..."

Again, he shrugged, "I could easily leave my car here and I will walk us home like this. Don't think I won't.  You weight more than an empty box to me."