Chapter 24

"We could skip today." Anthony said when he parked into the school parking lot. I looked at the entrance of the school and sighed heavily.

"No, lets go. I can deal with Elizabeth, just not Judy." I told him and looked at him. "Promise that you won't pick a fight with Quintin?"

"Yes, but I make no promise about picking one when we're off school ground," he said.

"Deal." I said, but I was hoping my voice sounded sarcastic. I was actually kind of hoping Quintin will get a little beaten. Does that make me horrible?

He took my hand, "Just try to get through the day and how about I take you to the mall and to your favorite store. I think they shouldn't have put in a bakery in the mall since my wallet seems to be empty by the time we leave the mall," he said chuckling.

"And I swear there's magic in the chocolate cupcakes to make me want more." I said chuckling along with him. "And thanks, I'll like that."

"And then dinner tonight with your parents and let them know about us." he said and I nodded. He leaned over and kissed me.

We got out of this car and he quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arm around me. I couldn't help but giggle and blush. I did my best to ignore the strange looks I had gotten from the guys who knew Quintin and the evil looks I got from the girls. Anthony and I decided to just forget about taking a few weeks. We're sure Elizabeth and Quintin will tell people I had cheated on him with Anthony and about how much of a horrible girlfriend I was.

I wonder if he even remembers what he did Saturday night.

We walked into the school and I instantly saw Judy. She was leaning on the stair case of the Junior hallways and she was talking to Kyle. I saw in her hands that she had a container with something in it.

Her head turned to look at me with sad eyes. She said something to Kyle and he nodded before he left, as we walked over to her she turned her whole body to look at me.

"Hey," she said giving me a small sad smile. She looked at Anthony, "Can I talk to Sarah alone, please?"

He nodded, "Yeah. I'll see you at lunch." he said and I nodded. He kissed my cheek before leaving down the hallway.

I turned back to Judy with my cheeks pink. She lifted her arms and held the container to me, "Chocolate chip. I placed a braid over them last night, so they should be soft and chewy."

"Thanks...?" I said taking them. Judy makes the best cookies and she knew I liked them when they were soft and chewy. I was confused as to why she had made them though.

She bit one side of her lower lip, "How many sorrys do I have to say before I gain your forgiveness?" she asked. "What I said to you the other day was totally wrong and horrible of me. I shouldn't have said it and I spoke before even thinking. It's just, you know how I am with people who are with someone already and do that stuff. I'm a horrible friend and I just want you to know what I had said was a lie. I don't even know why I took Quintins side in the first place. You're nothing like Elizabeth, far from being like that slut. So please, dont hate me."

I looked down at the cookies before back up to her. I couldn't stay mad at her. "Just once." I told her, referring to her 'sorry'. She smiled and we hugged each other tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Sarah," she said. She wrapped her arm around mine as we walked up the stairs and bumped her hip into mine and grinned, "Sooo, were you ever going to tell me that you and Anthony had a thing?"

"Soon after I was going to break it off with Quintin," I told her. "I just wanted to wait a few weeks after so it didn't look weird but it doesn't really matter anymore."